Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

Heads Up in NE Ohio

Search
Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

Heads Up in NE Ohio

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-18, 04:43 AM
North Coast Joe

Bikes: Couple of rigid MTB's and a fixed gear

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked 23 Times in 12 Posts
Heads Up in NE Ohio

I don't think this alert will reach many locals, but have been surprised in the past discovering BF users living nearby my home.

I regularly ride (2-3x weekly) the red, blue and yellow trails at Geneva State Park. The last three outing have resulted in four flat tires. Rusty, 3/4" finishing brads are the culprit. Perfect little deflating devices, all were perpendicular to the tread and still embedded in the tire. There's no construction or demolition anywhere that I can see, and what would you do with those fasteners out there anyway? Trail sabotage?

Being a noob, I don't know how to handle this, but I can't image reporting it would result in a State crew scouring 8 miles of trails with a magnet. I thought it worth the thread, just in case you ride along the Lake here. Meanwhile I'll keep patching tubes
Old 10-28-18, 04:59 AM
rumrunn6

Bikes: Bottecchia Sprint, GT Timberline 29r, Marin Muirwoods 29er, Trek FX Alpha 7.0

Mentioned: 112 Post(s)
Quoted: 5224 Post(s)
Liked 3,581 Times in 2,342 Posts
you should report it anyway. just call the local police station & tell them what you told us. don't be swayed if the person who answers says: "there's nothing we can do" you're just reporting what happened. since calls are recorded, repeat your report

who knows, the vandals may have done this is another area. without reporting it, the authorities can't put the clues together

don't know much about "environmental police" but I've seen their vehicles. maybe you can report it to them as well, if you have them in your state. we all know that many agencies don't share info
Old 10-29-18, 04:25 PM
seat_boy

Bikes: Serial bike flipper

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked 116 Times in 73 Posts
If it's at a state park, report it to the park ranger.