Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Triathlon
Reload this Page >

Please recommend a Try bar for 2011 Fuji D6 Tri-bike

Notices
Triathlon Swim / Bike / Run your thing? Drop in our new triathlon forum for the latest in training & gear. From beginner to expert, and sprint to ironman.

Old 08-24-19, 12:37 PM
Noctilux.95

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre XR4 Celeste, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Giant TCR SL, Giant Revolt Advanced Revolt 0 Gravel Bike, Trek Madone SLR, Cervelo R5 Disk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 65 Posts

I picked up a new 2011 Fuji D6 frameset/seatpost and dedicated brake calipers for $500 during the Nashbar going out of business sale nearly a year ago. Since then its been sitting around collecting dust. So now I finally have some time to build it. I have the complete frameset, Flo 90mm carbon clinchers, Selle Italia TT saddle, with Ultegra 8050 di2 groupset. So now I need a TT/Tri bar. I've been looking at the Yoeleo carbon Tri bar (link below)
which sells for $220. Any other suggestions on bars with price up to $300?

https://www.yoeleobike.com/triathlon/handlebars.html
Old 08-28-19, 10:45 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,568 Times in 973 Posts
What about the fork/headset area? What you have for that?

Knowing that is supremely important in answering this question. Some framesets are paired to the fork to fit nicely. Some aren't.

Also, you have the seatpost clamp for that or are able to obtain it?

If you're working on a clean slate, the world is your oyster depending on budget. There are so many new/used cockpits it's not even funny.

Nail down the fork/headset stuff then look for the aerobar/extensions. I'd find a used Fuji fork to match if it were me.
Old 09-01-19, 10:50 PM
Noctilux.95

Bikes: Bianchi Oltre XR4 Celeste, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Giant TCR SL, Giant Revolt Advanced Revolt 0 Gravel Bike, Trek Madone SLR, Cervelo R5 Disk

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 376 Post(s)
Liked 124 Times in 65 Posts
Originally Posted by burnthesheep
What about the fork/headset area? What you have for that?

Knowing that is supremely important in answering this question. Some framesets are paired to the fork to fit nicely. Some aren't.

Also, you have the seatpost clamp for that or are able to obtain it?

If you're working on a clean slate, the world is your oyster depending on budget. There are so many new/used cockpits it's not even funny.

Nail down the fork/headset stuff then look for the aerobar/extensions. I'd find a used Fuji fork to match if it were me.
It came with a fork, seatpost, and Cane Creek headset. I already ordered a Vision aero tri bar too. Here's a pic.