Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Obsessed

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-21, 04:40 AM
brixxton
resykler

Bikes: Bianchi Eros, Bianchi Reparto Corsa, Mongoose IBOC Campagnolo, Schwinn Super Sport, Mairag 4 Star, Canondale Criterium, Centurion Accordo RS, Specialized Hard Rock 1st Gen, Bianchi Special '81

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked 59 Times in 39 Posts
Obsessed

I rescued unloved sailboats for a time until docking fees killed me. Then I was given a ten speed that needed work. The rest is history.
I still have that first bike
Stripped down, lugs coated in gold leaf, campagnolo BB and crank , 105 gear set , ,Bianchi frame made in Italy , can anyone tell me what

It started

Out as

Thanks
Cheers
Old 01-15-21, 06:27 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3672 Post(s)
Liked 5,427 Times in 2,757 Posts
Unfortunate uni-crown fork should help date it.
Old 01-15-21, 11:21 AM
unworthy1
Stop reading my posts!

Mentioned: 90 Post(s)
Quoted: 1443 Post(s)
Liked 1,062 Times in 787 Posts
Right to call this an obsession: gold leaf on a bicycle frame is pretty extreme! Bianchigirll will probably know, the unicrown fork (tho very unpopular with many) is not always the "mark of the beast", but that "Thun style" BB unit is (in my book) and the Mirage crank with that BB (if all original) will also help establish the date.