Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Niterider Solas 250 button operation?

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-23, 10:28 PM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts

Does anyone out there have a Niterider Solas 250 tail light? The button on mine is exceedingly difficult to operate, requiring just the right angle of pressure before the switch under the rubber cover can be felt to click. Frequently takes me at least a couple tries each time I want to turn it on or off. With gloves on, it goes from annoying to near impossible. Is yours like that?

I like everything else about it, but I am wondering if the switch on mine is defective. None of the rest of my half-dozen or so Niterider lights are similar in operation, but this is the only Solas that I ( or anyone I know ) has, so I've nothing to compare it with directly.

Thanks in advance.
Likes For TC1:
Old 11-10-23, 10:29 AM
Bob Ross
your god hates me

Bikes: 2016 Richard Sachs, 2010 Carl Strong, 2006 Cannondale Synapse

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1268 Post(s)
Liked 1,300 Times in 719 Posts
Originally Posted by TC1
Is yours like that?
Yes

It's annoying, indeed. But as you say, everything else about that taillight is stellar, so I just put up with it.
Old 11-10-23, 11:18 AM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 352 Posts
Mine works fine. One simple push with gloves or not and it responds. Love the light, especially for day time riding. It's visible. I did see a review where someone else brought up the button issue and it gave me pause before buying mine. I do wish it was a USB-C instead of micro. I fight with the rubber seal every charge. Good luck
Old 11-10-23, 08:41 PM
veganbikes
Clark W. Griswold

Bikes: Foundry Chilkoot Ti W/Ultegra Di2, Salsa Timberjack Ti, Cinelli Mash Work RandoCross Fun Time Machine, 1x9 XT Parts Hybrid, Co-Motion Cascadia, Specialized Langster, Phil Wood Apple VeloXS Frame (w/DA 7400), R+M Supercharger2 Rohloff, Habanero Ti 26

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 4404 Post(s)
Liked 4,043 Times in 2,698 Posts
I would reach out to Niterider or head back to the authorized dealer you purchased it from and see if they can start a warranty they will likely send you a new light if this one is having issues. I had a non NR light that had a similar problem but eventually I solved it by just pressing the button a bunch and it eventually started working more reliably but in the end the light got replaced for the customer (my owner) actually so I took the old one and got it working.
Old 11-11-23, 11:58 AM
TC1

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 360 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 84 Posts
Originally Posted by veganbikes
I would reach out to Niterider or head back to the authorized dealer you purchased it from and see if they can start a warranty they will likely send you a new light if this one is having issues.
Thanks, but that's exactly the point of this thread -- to determine if mine "is having issues" or if they are all like that. If the latter, there's no point in wasting my time and Niterider's replacing it.
Old 11-12-23, 10:50 AM
SpedFast
Just Pedaling

Bikes: YEP!

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 336 Post(s)
Liked 529 Times in 352 Posts
Originally Posted by TC1
Thanks, but that's exactly the point of this thread -- to determine if mine "is having issues" or if they are all like that. If the latter, there's no point in wasting my time and Niterider's replacing it.
Nope-they are not all like that. But it appears that a bunch of them are. Did that help? I feel like I got lucky with mine.