Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Purchasing a Dillenger Hunter Off-Road -- My Experience

Search
Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Purchasing a Dillenger Hunter Off-Road -- My Experience

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-16, 04:34 PM
NoPhart

Bikes: As my watts decline, I’m amping up!

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Superbrain3000
I just ordered a masterpiece of a bike from BM Ebikes. I emailed about a possible build and Tim called me right away. I ordered a bike. I'll go into the specs in a separate post or a different thread. Needless to say, the price is a little bit more than I would have spend on the Hunter Off-Road but the components are on par or better, the bike is in my size and the motor + controller + battery is a more powerful set up. Still free shipping. These guys are cool. I feel good spending my money there. My advice is to check their eBay inventory and, if you find something you like, don't bicker about price. Their prices are stellar. Thanks, NP, you steered me in the right direction and I appreciate it. I'll update after I receive the rig.
SB3K - Did you take delivery of a new eMTB yet? It's been a month and I'm curious what you are up to. Probably having "too much fun" riding...
Old 11-10-16, 12:27 PM
Superbrain3000

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Sooo glad I went with a bike from BMEbikes

Sorry for taking so long to update. Even 6 months later I find myself pissed off about how rude and aloof Dillenger customer service and, to some extent, their owner Sam were when attempting to buy one of their bikes. Hopefully they've worked out the kinks. I personally will never deal them again.

On the upside, thanks to a comment on this thread I learned about BMEbikes, ordered one, and received it ONE WEEK later. I bought the Helio model in a 22.5" frame. At 6'2" and 260lb it is perfect for me. 180mm tektro brakes, deore xt components, 432ah battery (not the highest capacity but bombproof alloy case), bafang BBS02 and controller with speed limit removed. Absolutely gorgeous bike. I added a Lekkie Bling Ring 42t ring, some balloon Specialized Nimbus Sport 2.3 inch tires, thudbuster seat post, blackburn back rack and an awesome color display from Luna.

I.Love.This.Bike. I've ridden it almost daily for 6 months now and havent had one problem. Added some grease to the motor that's it. I get around 12-15 miles per charge on 3 out of 5 pedal assist, and around 20 miles on 2 out of 5. I easily cruise at 20-25 mph on setting 3. The bike is heavy (not sure how much it weighs) and I'm a large dude so I'm quite happy w the mileage. Probably getting a bigger battery pack from Luna next spring.

Dealing w BMEbikes has been a joy. Always fast friendly responses. The build quality and packaging were simply stellar. Couldn't be happier.
Old 11-10-16, 05:47 PM
speedy25

Bikes: Specialized, Trek, Diamondback, Schwinn, Peugeot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 53 Times in 43 Posts
Glad to hear of a happy ending with a bike you are enjoying.

There are a LOT of e-bike brands out there and its so tough to nail down what the good ones are.

-SP
Old 11-16-16, 05:01 AM
drumnjim

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I bought a Dillenger Hunter Hub 2016, in summary, the 'bulletproof' hub motor broke after about 200 miles of gentle use not offroad. Dillenger took 2 months to diagnose the problem, then offered to deliver after a further 2 months or deliver faster for 150gbp. The bike is under warranty only 3 months old. The marketing proudly pronounces this bike is based on their popular and proven tried and tested kit, using exactly the same motor. However Dillenger say they cannot send a motor from the UK (where I'm based) from one of their kits which are in stock. So overall 4 months to send another 'bulletproof' replacement motor or pay alot of money. Sent tens of emails to sort it out, and had to take the bike apart for their diagnosis, in total messing about probably over a week's work. Still don't have the part as of writing 16 Nov 2016 - reported the fault mid August.
Old 11-20-16, 09:27 PM
nimbuzz

Bikes: Optibike R11 and Prodeco Outlaw 48 V

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Whew--That sounded sooo sketchy on your first thread. I'm soooo glad to hear how well it worked out for you and how good BMEbikes was!!