Search
Notices
Forum Suggestions & User Assistance Have a suggestion for the forums? Need help with the Forums? Post here.

3D Print Subforum Request

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-23, 10:18 AM
zandoval 

Bikes: Univega, Peu P6, Peu PR-10, Ted Williams, Peu UO-8, Peu UO-18 Mixte, Peu Dolomites

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked 1,631 Times in 1,047 Posts
3D Print Subforum Request

Is there yet a section of this forum that is related to 3d Printer links for bicycle components? I made a request over a year ago and never received a reasonable reply.

There are sections in this forum that are minimally used like:
Industry News 18 posts
Early Brifter Bikes 87 posts
Group Buy 2 posts

A search of the forum revealed over 430 posts of specific worthy 3D printable devices. But they are buried in other sections and threads making them tedious to find. It would be nice to have a section where we can post links or ideas of bicycle related 3D Printable components on our forum.

Posted one year ago: https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...omponents.html

If this is just a bag of worms just let me know and I'll drop it...
Old 09-26-23, 10:34 AM
Trakhak

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 2485 Post(s)
Liked 2,956 Times in 1,679 Posts
Originally Posted by zandoval
Is there yet a section of this forum that is related to 3d Printer links for bicycle components? I made a request over a year ago and never received a reasonable reply.

There are sections in this forum that are minimally used like:
Industry News 18 posts
Early Brifter Bikes 87 posts
Group Buy 2 posts

A search of the forum revealed over 430 posts of specific worthy 3D printable devices. But they are buried in other sections and threads making them tedious to find. It would be nice to have a section where we can post links or ideas of bicycle related 3D Printable components on our forum.

Posted one year ago: https://www.bikeforums.net/general-c...omponents.html

If this is just a bag of worms just let me know and I'll drop it...
Terrific idea. If there's a concern on the part of the moderators about cluttering up the list of subforums with yet another one, maybe the Early Brifters subforum content can be moved back into C&V and the subforum then retired. (Apparently, the vast majority of the 87 threads in that subforum were moved there from C&V by the mods, with the unfortunate consequence that most of the people who would have been interested in commenting on the threads have never seen them.)
Likes For Trakhak:
Old 09-26-23, 07:08 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
Re: brifter forum. Maybe we could make it a subforum of C&V? We got sick of the "not C&V" reports.

I think people would still post their 3d stuff mainly in the forum where it makes the most sense to them. For example, most of my interesting 3d printed projects are for framebuilding, so if I were going to post a thread about them, it would be in there.

The mod staff is somewhat uninterested in starting up yet another forum that's not going to get much traffic. If electronics and gadgets saw a batch of threads, it might be different. Just don't put "print" in the title.

I belong to a FB group that is about 3d printed bike parts, and they get about a dozen posts a year
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1221002628032262

Last edited by unterhausen; 09-26-23 at 07:17 PM.