Cycling and bicycle discussion forums. 
   Click here to join our community Log in to access your Control Panel  

Go Back   > >

Beach Cruisers Do you love balloon tires and fenders? Do you love riding the simplicity of a single gear and coaster brakes or a single gear cluster? Do you love the classic curves in the tubing of a cruiser that takes you back to the 1950's and 1960's, stylistically? Here's your home! Welcome to the Beach Cruisers and Cruisers forum!

User Tag List

Old 01-24-18, 11:13 AM   #1
Philphine

Bikes:
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Sikk fat bike springer. Any experience with it?

lucked into some fatbike wheels and working on a frame. anyone have experience with this fat bike springer?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CUSTOM-SPRI...EAAOSwL7VWqUfk

my main concern is side to side flexing. some cheaper springers flex side to side so bad you can't put a disc brake on them (amoung other problems). i figure with the weight of the wheels (aluminum, but off a walmart dolomite. kinda heavy), if they do flex, it will be even worse with these wheels. the fork has a caliper mount and the wheels have rotors so i want to use them.

thanks if anyone knows.
Philphine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-18, 01:47 PM   #2
jimmie65
Proud hobo biker

Bikes: Marin Fairfax, Specialized Sequoia Elite, Mongoose Beast (converted to beach cruiser), Iron Horse Yakuza, Cyco-Cycle, Specialized Hard Rock (1995)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 132 Post(s)
Damn, I hate you. Or more specifically, my wife will hate you once I order that. (I've got to blame someone.)
jimmie65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-18, 10:24 AM   #3
Philphine

Bikes:
then buy two and i'll tell her "yeah phil said don't worry about what you thin..." wait. does she know where I live?

seriously, if you get one before me (I'm thinking sooner or later I will), please give a quick review/impression of it please.

also, while I was tying to find a review of them I found them for less, but I didn't pay attention to which website it was (can't find it for anything now). don't know what the shipping would add, but they were $36.
Old 02-12-18, 10:12 AM   #4
Philphine

Bikes:
ordered and received one over the weekend. looks pretty sturdy but the bike it will go on isn't built yet to know how well it will really work. looking through the bike pile for a head tube to cut off, but don't have a bike I think of as "scrap" enough to do it. a real review will have to wait a while.