Go Back  Bike Forums > The Racer's Forum > Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area
Reload this Page >

Dolan Seta; Anyone actually *race* one?

Notices
Track Cycling: Velodrome Racing and Training Area Looking to enter into the realm of track racing? Want to share your experiences and tactics for riding on a velodrome? The Track Cycling forums is for you! Come in and discuss training/racing, equipment, and current track cycling events.

Old 11-21-17, 08:29 AM
spartanKid

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I tried searching the forum and it seems like this is the one Dolan offering that's not been talked about much if at all when it comes to racing. It occupies a weird spot in the line-up as a more "budget" carbon model, perhaps that's why it's less popular?

For the price, seems like some solid upsides: geometry seems decent, uses a standard round post, etc.
Old 11-21-17, 08:57 AM
queerpunk
aka mattio

Bikes: yes

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 344 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 35 Posts
I haven't used one, but I know somebody who had one for about a season.

I don't see them around very often. In fact, I think I've only seen the one being used. It was never very popular. I think part of the reason for that - and this is just my speculation - is that the headtube is pretty dang long. It wouldn't work for me, and more popular enduro/omnium bikes have short headtubes to do dual purpose mass start and time trial use. Plus, since the bike lacks any aero styling, one wonders if it just occupies too small of a niche.
Old 11-22-17, 08:21 AM
JimiMimni

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My madison partner rides one. She's never really said anything about it, though honestly I haven't asked. I actually thought it was an aluminum bike.