Go Back  Bike Forums > The Lounge > Coronavirus/COVID-19
Reload this Page >

It's not a hoax

Notices
Coronavirus/COVID-19 Discussion of the novel coronavirus

It's not a hoax

Old 04-11-20, 07:54 AM
mirfi

Bikes: Vilano Urbana, DownTube FS9, Montaque paratrooper, Nano mini-velo, Motobecane CX, Raleigh 20, MIFA folder, ROG Pony, Iverson Grand Touring folder.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Hiro

Ditto on the stay home. Stop proving what a 'dedicated' employee you are. I've kept a can of Lysol spray in my cube for 30 years. And people joke I'm a germaphobe.

Addendum to my long previous post. Daughter-in-law's boss insisted she come to work, she did. In two days the entire office, (6 people) all called in sick. Too bad she didn't cough on boss' keyboard.

Daughter's boss insisted she come in to do a presentation. She couldn't stop coughing. She said everybody was freaked and sat in the back of the room.

Stay home, (if your boss lets you).
Old 04-11-20, 09:45 AM
trailangel

Bikes: Schwinn Varsity

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1533 Post(s)
Liked 229 Times in 155 Posts
This is an internet forum. I'm not breaking any rules unless I hear from admin.
I won't knock it off. You've been here about 2 years and are averaging 10 post a day, and seem to like to cause a bit of riff. Probably nothing to do in your life.
I'd say you are the one to knock it off.
Old 04-11-20, 07:25 PM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 593 Post(s)
Liked 47 Times in 39 Posts
?
Old 04-11-20, 07:35 PM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Originally Posted by livedarklions View Post
Well, in my family's case, you just likened having to show you have antibodies to go back to work to getting marked for mode of mass murder-- gassing or slave labor to death.
It's a disgusting trivialization of the massacre of my relatives. No one's discussing marking people for murder on the basis of CV antibody status except in really idiotic troll posts. Be a mensch, knock it off.
​​​​​
Hello again old friend.

I'm not religious, and my relatives were a bunch of savages.

Can you help me?

I really could use some spiritual guidance.
Old 04-11-20, 09:21 PM
livedarklions
Cogs in back, right?

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Motobecane Fantom CX; Giant OCR A1

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Quoted: 3814 Post(s)
Liked 2,577 Times in 1,481 Posts
Originally Posted by SHBR View Post
Hello again old friend.

I'm not religious, and my relatives were a bunch of savages.

Can you help me?

I really could use some spiritual guidance.
You suck at trolling. Sad.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 04-11-20, 09:23 PM
livedarklions
Cogs in back, right?

Bikes: Serotta Atlanta; 1994 Specialized Allez Pro; Motobecane Fantom CX; Giant OCR A1

Originally Posted by trailangel View Post
This is an internet forum. I'm not breaking any rules unless I hear from admin.
I won't knock it off. You've been here about 2 years and are averaging 10 post a day, and seem to like to cause a bit of riff. Probably nothing to do in your life.
I'd say you are the one to knock it off.

Bit of riff?
Old 04-11-20, 09:28 PM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 526 Post(s)
Liked 316 Times in 162 Posts
Originally Posted by Hiro11 View Post
My daughter (a freshman, 19 years old and healthy) attends a large Big 10 university. Her dorm is very popular with students from China. In mid December, she came down with a mild fever, aching tiredness combined with a dry, hacking cough that developed into bronchial pneumonia. It took her 6 weeks to finally shed the pneumonia. She tested negative for flu. She told me lots (LOTS) of students were sick with the same thing. In retrospect, hmmm... We went down to see my parents for the holidays in South Florida, thank God they didn't get sick.

I'm willing to bet:
1. Hundreds of thousands of Americans contracted Covid-19 that are not being counted in the current numbers
2. Covid-19 has been in the US for far longer than we have been thinking
You are right about both points but I still reckon they are two separate events. Mostly because you'd notice people dying in Antarctica, and there are no real secrets there, if there was anything going around too far out of the ordinary it'd be around on the rumour mill quicker than if you announced it immediately on the PA system. The other thing would be it would have popped up in New Zealand since everybody where I was transits through there.
Old 04-12-20, 04:45 AM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

You suck at trolling. Sad.
So thoughtful of you to notice.

Likes For SHBR:
Old 04-12-20, 05:05 AM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Fake news!
Old 04-12-20, 05:21 AM
livedarklions
Cogs in back, right?

So thoughtful of you to notice.

Thanks for the reminder:
/ignore.

Last edited by livedarklions; 04-12-20 at 05:24 AM.
Old 04-12-20, 07:24 AM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

Thanks for the reminder:
/ignore.
Finally!
Old 04-12-20, 09:11 AM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

If there's one thing that I like about Australia, it hasn't yet completely been hoodwinked by the billionaires astroturf individualism campaign like the USA. That's the one where they convince workers that it's in their best interest to minimise government in order to be free individuals, it's much easier to crush individuals economically than it is if collectively organised as a cohesive society. It's also why there hasn't been more of a stink in the right wing media about Russian interference in pretty well everything, because the Russians are pushing the same divisive things the billionaires are. Like the whole 5G thing. They like people thinking Covid-19 is a scam, since they are all safe in isolation, it's only the 99% who have to deal with reality. And we aren't super religious in Australia either, a rag like the Washington Times, owned by a religious cult wouldn't get much shrift here.
Likes For Trevtassie:
Old 04-12-20, 09:46 AM
willibrord

Bikes: steel but the next will be bamboo

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
Originally Posted by Trevtassie View Post
If there's one thing that I like about Australia, it hasn't yet completely been hoodwinked by the billionaires astroturf individualism campaign like the USA. That's the one where they convince workers that it's in their best interest to minimise government in order to be free individuals, it's much easier to crush individuals economically than it is if collectively organised as a cohesive society. It's also why there hasn't been more of a stink in the right wing media about Russian interference in pretty well everything, because the Russians are pushing the same divisive things the billionaires are. Like the whole 5G thing. They like people thinking Covid-19 is a scam, since they are all safe in isolation, it's only the 99% who have to deal with reality. And we aren't super religious in Australia either, a rag like the Washington Times, owned by a religious cult wouldn't get much shrift here.
Im not sure what you mean.
The Russians are pushing the same divisive things the billionaires are. Like the whole 5G thing.
Can you explain?
Old 04-12-20, 05:45 PM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

To be fair, every country has its issues, and some would say that Australia belongs to China.

Most people want to be left alone.

Old 04-12-20, 06:06 PM
Trevtassie

Originally Posted by willibrord View Post
Im not sure what you mean.

Can you explain?
There's more people than you would think feasible that actually believe that 5G towers are responsible for Covid-19 (even in countries where there is no 5G) The original 5G causes cancer thing was started (like a lot of other internet conspiracies-autism-vaccines etc etc) by the Internet Research Bureau, a branch of the FSB, as part of the Russian asymmetric warfare program. A divided west means that they can keep doing what they've been doing, slowly annexing parts of the former USSR, so they are happy to stir up things wherever they can. There is also some evidence that they modified the message recently to 5G causes Covid-19. So there are literally nested conspiracies. But, like everything you need to look at who benefits from what. A divided west is good for Russia. A divided (polarised) population is good for certain groups in western society, so provided they have similar aims things the Russians are allowed to simmer along.
Likes For Trevtassie:
Old 04-12-20, 06:28 PM
Trevtassie

To be fair, every country has its issues, and some would say that Australia belongs to China.

Most people want to be left alone.
Those some who say Australia belongs to China would, in reality, be wrong. The two biggest foreign countries invested in Australia are the USA and the UK. China is busy trying to buy up everything but our government just put in a rule that there is to be no foreign investment without prior approval, to prevent them buying up distressed assets during the current crisis.

The problem with being "left alone" is that indeed, you are left alone. That means no medical care, no policing, no schooling, the rise of witchcraft etc etc. All things I found since I've actually worked in third world countries with "small" government. The reality of small government is not some fantasy where everybody gets to do what they want. Instead is where local powerbrokers jockey for position constantly, leading to violence and destitution for the average punter. "Ah, but I've got guns" I hear you say, nobody will step on me... Well, so do the local warlords, and usually more, and with way more men. The actual population want government to stop them being collateral damage in local wars, police to stop people from stealing their stuff all the time. Medical care so they don't have to watch their children dying. Schooling because they know that's the way to advance themselves and no witchcraft, because nobody likes being burnt alive because some random dude takes a dislike to you and calls you a witch (yes, this is, in reality surprisingly common).
The individualism I see in America seems to have resulted in pretty well the opposite effect of what it's claimed to do. The rise of militarised police, a huge surge in domestic terrorism leading to more surveillance and the rise of a kleptocrat class hoovering up all the resources for themselves leading to an actual deterioration in living conditions for the average person. It's all come to a head with Covid-19, where a lack of a coherent government response has left the country reeling. The refuge of the individualists seem to be denial and conspiracy, 5G, democrat hoax, etc etc, since there is a disconnect between the reality and the fantasy of small government.
Likes For Trevtassie:
Old 04-12-20, 06:29 PM
willibrord

Bikes: steel but the next will be bamboo

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 510 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 27 Posts
There's more people than you would think feasible that actually believe that 5G towers are responsible for Covid-19 (even in countries where there is no 5G) The original 5G causes cancer thing was started (like a lot of other internet conspiracies-autism-vaccines etc etc) by the Internet Research Bureau, a branch of the FSB, as part of the Russian asymmetric warfare program. A divided west means that they can keep doing what they've been doing, slowly annexing parts of the former USSR, so they are happy to stir up things wherever they can. There is also some evidence that they modified the message recently to 5G causes Covid-19. So there are literally nested conspiracies. But, like everything you need to look at who benefits from what. A divided west is good for Russia. A divided (polarised) population is good for certain groups in western society, so provided they have similar aims things the Russians are allowed to simmer along.
thx for the explanation.
Old 04-12-20, 06:53 PM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

The problem with being "left alone" is that indeed, you are left alone.
I'd do OK with less. (I'm a simple man with simple pleasures)

I was happy to go along to get along pre-Y2K, back in the states.

Corporatocracy has gone too far in all the wrong directions.
Old 04-13-20, 12:56 AM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

BILL GATES: the world has got your number... and they are dialing it RIGHT NOW

Bill Gate's instagram has exploded with negative comments. He is having a team manage them and delete them but the inundation is so great they can't keep up.
bruh this comment section😂😂😂😂😂😂😂
https://flote.app/post/14cbfad2-cb0d...4-55b673fe47ac

Last edited by SHBR; 04-13-20 at 01:07 AM.
Old 04-13-20, 01:31 AM
Trevtassie

BILL GATES: the world has got your number... and they are dialing it RIGHT NOW

Bill Gate's instagram has exploded with negative comments. He is having a team manage them and delete them but the inundation is so great they can't keep up.

https://flote.app/post/14cbfad2-cb0d...4-55b673fe47ac
Sergei to Alexei "Comrade, you know that Bill Gates is the devil thing you started a few years ago? have you checked in on it recently? It is on fire!"

How come the only billionaire who is actually trying to do some good is getting roasted by the tinfoil hat brigade, when real evil buggers like the one remaining Koch brother and the Mercers can bank roll some real evil disinformation? Just proves how stupid the foilers really are. Dude tries to warn the world to be ready for a pandemic because the science says it's gonna happen. Tinfoil hats decide his warning means he must be behind it. No, you mouth breathing morons, it just means that he's smarter than you, and because you suffer from a massive case of Dunning-Kruger you don't realise it.
Old 04-13-20, 02:21 AM
SHBR
C*pt*i* Obvious

/end thread
Likes For SHBR:
Old 04-13-20, 04:52 AM
livedarklions
Cogs in back, right?

Thread trolled into political absurdity by someone claiming he's posting from China. Either he is or isn't, but he blew past credibility many stupid memes ago.

If this thread is to continue, quit feeding the troll.
Likes For livedarklions:
Old 04-13-20, 10:05 AM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
Liked 1,111 Times in 715 Posts
This is all a precursor to the alien invasion.
Old 04-13-20, 10:35 AM
Unca_Sam
The dropped

Bikes: Pake C'Mute Touring/Commuter Build, 1989 Kona Cinder Cone, 1995 Trek 5200

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1021 Post(s)
Liked 420 Times in 308 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel View Post
This is all a precursor to the alien invasion.
You wanted this thread:
https://www.bikeforums.net/politics-...irus-hoax.html
Old 04-13-20, 10:58 AM
Hondo Gravel
Viking Berserker

Bikes: Too many Motobecanes

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1256 Post(s)
Liked 1,111 Times in 715 Posts
I got kicked out of that forum a few years ago But when the aliens land I will have a cold beer for them. I think the aliens will appreciate the efficiency of my bicycles.. ET thought cauliflower was mash potatoes and wasn’t impressed.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.