Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bolt vs Roam

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-20, 07:04 PM
BrazAd

Bikes: 1983 Trek 400, 2015 Cannondale Synapse, Soma Double Cross, 2021 Salsa Warbird 600

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 41 Times in 19 Posts
Bolt vs Roam

I've enjoyed my Wahoo Bolt for the past 35 months. A button quit working on it last week and Wahoo is offering me a 40% replacement discount on either another Bolt or on the Wahoo Roam.

Anyone else used both? Which do you prefer... and most importantly, WHY?

Thanks in advance,

Gary
Old 05-30-20, 07:17 PM
MattTheHat 

Bikes: 2021 S-Works Turbo Creo SL, 2020 Specialized Roubaix Expert

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 762 Post(s)
Liked 4,032 Times in 1,427 Posts
I replaced my Bolt with the Roam. I like the Roam better because it’s a bit larger. This allows two extra fields on my main ride page. The color display is kind of cool too, but honestly makes very little difference.
Likes For MattTheHat:
Old 06-01-20, 05:29 AM
jpescatore

Bikes: Trek Domane SL6 Disc, Jamis Renegade

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 364 Post(s)
Liked 304 Times in 217 Posts
The Bolt is definitely cheaper, lighter and (if you live in a wind tunnel) more aerodynamic. To me, the only real reason is that is much less expensive than the Roam.

To replace an Elemnt that I transferred to my wife's bike, I went with the Roam for the bigger/color screen and the glass vs. plastic screen. I'm glad I did, looks like many did as Wahoo is offering $30 off the Bolt but not the Roam! So, the Bolt is even cheaper now.