Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

Chain Reaction Cycles (UK) Bike ship to US

Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Chain Reaction Cycles (UK) Bike ship to US

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-20, 02:54 PM
polishfly

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Question Chain Reaction Cycles (UK) Bike ship to US

Hey guys, first time posting here but I came across some similar posts here so I thought it might be worth a shot. The posts I found were about parts and things that didnt incur any fees. I am looking to purchase a MTB that is only in stock in the UK and it runs nearly $5k. I'm very nervous purchasing such a big investment online, let alone overseas. I know that I should expect to pay fees and dues through customs, but when I reached out to CRC they are ensuring that I will not pay any fees on this transaction. Has anyone bought a bike from Chain Reaction and had it shipped to the US in the $3k-5k range? Any issues? Thanks so much in advance!!
Old 06-29-20, 03:09 AM
JaccoW
Overdoing projects

Bikes: Batavus Randonneur GL, Gazelle Orange Excellent, Gazelle Super Licht, Gazelle Grand Tourist, Gazelle Lausanne, Gazelle Tandem, Koga-Miyata SilverAce, Koga-Miyata WorldTraveller

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 784 Post(s)
Liked 1,238 Times in 686 Posts
Originally Posted by polishfly
Hey guys, first time posting here but I came across some similar posts here so I thought it might be worth a shot. The posts I found were about parts and things that didnt incur any fees. I am looking to purchase a MTB that is only in stock in the UK and it runs nearly $5k. I'm very nervous purchasing such a big investment online, let alone overseas. I know that I should expect to pay fees and dues through customs, but when I reached out to CRC they are ensuring that I will not pay any fees on this transaction. Has anyone bought a bike from Chain Reaction and had it shipped to the US in the $3k-5k range? Any issues? Thanks so much in advance!!
No clue but I think it would be unlikely you don't pay any import taxes in your local state or country. Best thing you could do is ask to have the UK VAT refunded as the item is leaving the European Union.

What bike are you talking about? As far as I know most European retailers that sell internationally show the price based on your location. That's because, depending on each country in the EU, VAT on things like bike parts can be between 17% and 27% (European VAT rates) and they wanted to stop unfair competition based on the county's VAT rate when webshops started to sell internationally. Bike24.com for example shows prices without VAT if you shop from the US.

Last edited by JaccoW; 06-29-20 at 03:17 AM.
Old 06-29-20, 06:31 AM
polishfly

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Little update here, I bought the bike at Chain Reaction for $4900 + $60 shipping. It arrived in less than a week from the day it was shipped and I paid nothing more for any fees or customs or anything!!
Likes For polishfly:
Old 07-01-20, 06:16 AM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3090 Post(s)
Liked 6,594 Times in 3,781 Posts
Originally Posted by polishfly
Little update here, I bought the bike at Chain Reaction for $4900 + $60 shipping. It arrived in less than a week from the day it was shipped and I paid nothing more for any fees or customs or anything!!
What bike did you get?
Old 07-01-20, 06:21 AM
polishfly

Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
2020 Nukeproof Reactor 290 RS

SO STOKED!!!!!!!!
Likes For polishfly: