Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southeast
Reload this Page >

Auburn/Opelika Bike Club!

Search
Notices
Southeast Alabama | Arkansas | Florida | Georgia | Kentucky | Louisiana | Mississippi | North Carolina | South Carolina | Tennessee | Virginia

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-06, 08:12 AM
Moonshot
Now with racer-boy font!

Bikes: 2004 Litespeed Tuscany, Trek 5500, Breezer Storm, Bianchi road bike (fixed)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Hey I notice several posters here in the Auburn/Opelika area. I'd like to invite you to our local bike club meeting, the EACC (East Alabama Cycling Club). We meet on the second Thursday of each month at 6pm at the Health Resource building across from the hospital. You missed a good one this month. We featured classic bikes. This included a handmade 50s road bike with sweeettt lugs, 80s Masi, 80s Vitus/Peugot, Bianchi and others.

If you aren't the club going type visit our website at https://www.opelika.cc/eacc/ where we try to keep area riders informed on things going on in the area. Sorry about the broken link below we are having trouble resolving to that for some reason.

If there are any questions about riding in the area ask me and if I don't know I probably know someone who can answer for you.

Scott
past prez- EACC

www.eastalabamacycling.org
Old 10-17-06, 10:27 AM
foulmouthfool

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
looking at your MTB tuskegee schedule, I'm probably loading my bike as you guys are unloading yours.
Old 10-17-06, 02:32 PM
Moonshot
Now with racer-boy font!

Bikes: 2004 Litespeed Tuscany, Trek 5500, Breezer Storm, Bianchi road bike (fixed)

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
The leader for that ride is a super nice guy. He races, but I'm not sure what category. Each year he takes a group to Georgia to do the 24 hr race up there. He knows lots of other mtb riders around here in case you are looking for others to hook up with.

www.eastalabamacycling.org
Old 10-17-06, 03:43 PM
TheRobbStory
Legend in my own bedroom

Bikes: 1973 Schwinn Paramount,, Cinelli Unica, Colnago Sprint

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Maaan, I bet that some good riding up there. I used to cover the APR BBQ. The roads were fantastic for driving German cars too fast. I bet they're just as fun on a road bike.
Old 10-18-06, 08:36 AM
foulmouthfool

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Moonshot
The leader for that ride is a super nice guy. He races, but I'm not sure what category. Each year he takes a group to Georgia to do the 24 hr race up there. He knows lots of other mtb riders around here in case you are looking for others to hook up with.
Maybe I'll try to catch up with them in the spring. I'm always in and out before dark.
Old 10-18-06, 12:12 PM
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Do they still have that annual mtb race at Chewacla state park?
I attended Auburn University back in late 80's and that was getting to be a pretty big event at the time.
Old 10-18-06, 12:41 PM
foulmouthfool

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ModoVincere
Do they still have that annual mtb race at Chewacla state park?
I attended Auburn University back in late 80's and that was getting to be a pretty big event at the time.
isn't the offroad trail there only a mile long? I've never been because thats what I had heard. Lots of paved surface to ride though, from what I hear
Old 10-18-06, 02:21 PM
ModoVincere
Riding Heaven's Highways on the grand tour

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I don't really know how long the trail is there. It may not even be there anymore for all I know. I haven't been back there for years. But every year, I think in the spring, there was a mtb bike race. I believe it was several laps of the trail, but I did not participate in the race, so can't say.

I spent many a nights on the rocks by the waterfall or at the "beach" with a bon fire and a group of friends. It's a miracle I even graduated.