Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

shiiiiid...'s all I could think to say at the time

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

shiiiiid...'s all I could think to say at the time

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-09, 12:48 PM
teiaperigosa
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
elTwitcho...r2d2 ....good points. I agree, and that's how I roll mostly (objective=destination)... but, that wasn't the point of this thread...you never loose your cool? (which I actually didn't. I pull shid like this off with a very cool and chess like demeanor)....and trust...I'm ready to fight on the road always...and avoid the fight always...if I've got time on my hands and are in no rush, however, I have no prob taking time out of my trip to slow a fool down whose in a rush for no reason

Enxu...yes!! love the story, attitude, gullinesssssss!!!! dunno if I could have said this better...
Originally Posted by Enxu

FWIW, i never challenged the young man in the jag to a fight, and frankly don't think that being the recipient of harsh words is ever justification for violence. He came with the hate and homophobia; I was just pointing out his ignorance of vehicle law, sprinkled with some generic cursing. He saw that he couldn't shame me off the road by pointing out my f*g-ness, so he wanted to do it with his fists, LIKE A MAN!!

I agree with you for the most part, that these situations never result in much good. But sometimes you gotta celebrate the random, public and fun displays of agression, which I believe was the OP's intent. This certainly isn't my daily MO, but damn was it fun.

artesc...yes...it's necessary...cause (samuel L. chappell voice) that's the way that I type!!!!

Cy Trivialities...rugggeeedddd!
Old 05-15-09, 12:53 PM
devilshaircut

Bikes: Mercier Kilo TT Pro, Schwinn Le Tour Conversion, Free Spirit polo beater, Cervelo P2T, aluminum tandem.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Cy Trivialities
About two days ago, I did a pretty long ride and was pretty tired after it. So I decide to take the subway back to Queens. This was during rush hour, so I go all the way to the back of the F train to not be in the way of people. Get off at Roosevelt Ave station, to transfer to the R. And I get on a damn near empty R train.

Some fat old woman starts coming out of her face at me for no reason. She was talking bout "you need to get out of the way of the door, people need to get out of the train! It's RUSH HOUR! You're a FIRE HAZARD!"

So I was like "hooooooold up, are you serious? This train is damn near empty, I'm not in ANYONES way. And plus take a look at yourself you fat piece of ****, you ain't been in a rush in 50 years. You taking up more space than I am just sitting there, and i'm holding onto a bike."

Of course she told me to go to hell, and I told her to **** herself. All in all it was an interesting exchange.
O man I would have liked to have seen this.
Old 05-15-09, 04:59 PM
Cy Trivialities
shtface

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
yea, it was pretty funny.
Old 05-15-09, 05:19 PM
artesc
artesc all the way.

Bikes: 2008 Redline 925 (bleh!)

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by teiaperigosa

artesc...yes...it's necessary...cause (samuel L. chappell voice) that's the way that I type!!!!

Cy Trivialities...rugggeeedddd!

Haha, yeah. It's all cool.

I hate trying to take my bike on the subway, or 'The T', here in Boston. The main line that runs through the city won't even allow you to bring bikes on and all the other ones, only at certain times. While the commuter rail lines do allow bikes, it's a fu**ing pain in the ass to try an do so; the aisles are so narrow and the stairways into the trains themselves are super narrow too and really steep.

Sucks.
Old 05-15-09, 06:54 PM
beeftech

Bikes: Bianchi San Jose, fixed

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've taken a few mirrors out in anger at drivers just pulling stupid reckless stuff to get around me.
The acting calm and knocking on their window is a classic on too, you get the best reactions.

Once I was bombing down 5th ave in Manhattan, easily going as fast as the traffic. When some taxi pulls up next to me, and calmly says to me. "We have bike lanes for you."
I just looked over at him, gave him the "Orly?" expression and dropped him.
Mind you there was no bike lane.
Old 05-15-09, 08:42 PM
teiaperigosa
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by beeftech
I just looked over at him, gave him the "Orly?" expression and dropped him.