Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

no witnesses, no police report, just a license plate...

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

no witnesses, no police report, just a license plate...

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-09, 05:55 PM
spcialzdspksman
Hella Raw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Similar thing happened to me a few weeks ago. I was making a left turn, signaling and making sure cars will see me. But this ****** of a driver in her Honda civic decides to make a left on the other road at the same time. Apparently she didn't take enough driving lessons, because left turns to her meant keep your eyes and head locked left and turn. She literally did not even glance at the oncoming traffic on her right! I kept looking at her and trying to make eye contact, but she kept moving...

So she ended up ramming into my left side and pedal and almost knocking me over. I was like WTF! and looked back, but she was so ***** she just floored it and sped off.

psh* cars.
Old 10-08-09, 08:20 PM
gelpicorp

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Scrodzilla
Sounds like the OP is content with being more of an ass than the driver.
this.

I guess i'm a fuk b/c i gotta drive my 2 infants around in a minivan (they sure as hell won't fit on my kilo tt).

you know, not everyone in a big shiny boxy vehicle is looking to go jihad on people on bikes. some people have to drive a car and yet also enjoy cycling. some people understand both sides. some people who do get both sides hate it when an ******* driver hits a bike just as much as seeing this kind of attitude.

so, go beat his ass and destroy his car, get yourself arrested b/c that'll teach him.

file a report and quit generalizing against people.
Old 10-08-09, 08:40 PM
Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
I'd report it. Even though the chances of nothing happening is good, but the police would have the license plate number in their database and will probably take note if they ever see that person do something like that in the future.
Old 10-08-09, 08:43 PM
kyselad
extra bitter

Bikes: Miyata 210, Fuji Royale II, Bridgestone Kabuki, Miyata Ninety

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by gelpicorp
this.

I guess i'm a fuk b/c i gotta drive my 2 infants around in a minivan (they sure as hell won't fit on my kilo tt).

you know, not everyone in a big shiny boxy vehicle is looking to go jihad on people on bikes. some people have to drive a car and yet also enjoy cycling. some people understand both sides. some people who do get both sides hate it when an ******* driver hits a bike just as much as seeing this kind of attitude.

so, go beat his ass and destroy his car, get yourself arrested b/c that'll teach him.

file a report and quit generalizing against people.
I think he should file the report, but I didn't take his post as a generalization. The f**ks he's talking about are the ones that intentionally hit/squeeze cyclists, and plenty of them are indeed driving around in big, shiny boxes.
Old 10-08-09, 09:51 PM
dubbs5050

Bikes: bianchi pista

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Its a war out there? Haha...this is why i don't even bother with getting mad anymore...I used to yell, slap the hood of their car, stuff like that, but you just never know what kind of maniac you are getting involved with. Just do your best to anticipate and stay out of trouble. In a battle between car vs. bike, car wins EVERY time...
Old 10-08-09, 10:30 PM
hairnet
Fresh Garbage

Bikes: N+1

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 352 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 18 Posts
Originally Posted by Thetank
Remember those 2 roadies that nearly got killed this past summer when the rich snob doctor slammed on his brakes and they crashed into the rear of his car? It would have been considered an accident had another rider not made a report about a similar incident previous to him putting one guy in the hospital as he flew through his rear window. With the previous report the police could now show a pattern of violence towards cyclists. they might not do something about your issue right now, but reporting this can help later on if this guy were to attempt it again on someone else.
Dr. Roadrage's trial is approaching. I hope a bunch of cyclists show up at the court room, I'll try to be there.

to the OP, report it. At least get this guy on record

Last edited by hairnet; 10-08-09 at 10:33 PM.
Old 10-08-09, 10:44 PM
renton20

Bikes: old lotus

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no doubt that you should go file a report. It seems to me that there are three options at this point;

1) You can do nothing
2) You can file a report which might take an hour of your time at most. It might not do anything, but who knows. Maybe the car was being driven by a guy with no insurance, maybe the owner ofthe car has warrants, maybe you filing a report might establish a pattern of behavior if this guy ever does hit and kill another cyclist. Point is that is all stuff that might happen if you file a report. If you don't, you are guaranteed that nothing will change.
3) You can use whatever information that you have to find this guy, chop up his family, make them into award winning chili, and trick him into eating them.

Though option 3 is tempting, file a report. In the end, do it because it's the right thing to do.
Old 10-08-09, 10:50 PM
molarface
Junior WHAT?!?!

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
DO NOT FILE A REPORT

1) get his address
2) track him for a few weekdays
3)take your oldest bike and three friends. I mean "WITNESSES"
4) bump his car at a stop light
5)fall over. Have one witness phone PD. Nobodys gonna contradict 3 witnesses.

NOW FILE A REPORT. From the ER.
Old 10-09-09, 01:30 AM
Negative Force
supervillain

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ianjk
So, let me get this right, someone hit you intentionally, you got the plate number and you didn't even bother to call it in?

Good thing to know that people like you are allowing violent drivers to continue doing what they do without repercussions.

*shakes head*
Hahahaha

Righteous poster is righteous.
Old 10-09-09, 06:04 AM
oldfixguy

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by teiaperigosa
i can still file a report. This happened an hour ago. What's the use though? 's not like anything's gonna happen to him. Convince me
troll
Old 10-16-09, 09:34 AM
teiaperigosa
Banned.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
^^^

no
Old 10-16-09, 10:02 AM
oldfixguy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Read the quote. "Convince me". Yea, right. Troll
Old 10-16-09, 10:07 AM
ianjk
:)

Bikes: '07 Pista, '09 Fantom Cross Uno, '8? Miyata, '67 Stingray, '0? Zoo mod trials, Tallbike, Chopper, '73 Schwinn Collegiate, '67 Triumph Chopper, '69 CB350, '58 BSA Spitfire, '73 CB450

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Negative Force
Hahahaha

Righteous poster is righteous.

Yes I am.

Sorry, seen too many people get hurt/lose limbs/die due to violent/irresponsible drivers. I don't take it with a grain of salt.
Old 10-16-09, 12:08 PM
kubrick215

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OP, were you in actuality "the driver"???
Old 10-16-09, 01:17 PM
filtersweep

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by evotion
you should just file a report. Let someone else handle them without any kind of altercation.
Police will not do anything if you live in a real city with "real crime." Street justice all the way. I reported a driver to police, and was told unless the police witnessed anything, there was nothing they could do.
Old 10-16-09, 02:05 PM
ZiP0082

Bikes: 2008 Mercier Kilo TT

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
In defense of the NYPD, I did file a police report the other week for an incident, though it was not cycling related, and the detective was super nice & helpful (in a Brooklyn precinct). I had heard horror stories, but it seemed to go fine.
Old 10-16-09, 02:08 PM
dsh
Oh, you know...

Bikes: '74 Schwinn Sports Tourer (Polo), S-Works E5 Team Festina (Chorus 11), Trek 2200 Bonded Carbon (Fixed), Trek 920 (7 speed IGH), Chesini Olimpiade SL (1x7)

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by filtersweep
Police will not do anything if you live in a real city with "real crime." Street justice all the way. I reported a driver to police, and was told unless the police witnessed anything, there was nothing they could do.
Not too late to throw yourself down a flight of stairs so you have some "evidence".

If assault with a deadly weapon isn't real crime I'm not sure what is.
Old 10-16-09, 10:16 PM
brad3104

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
File a report u turd.

Old 10-16-09, 11:04 PM
oldfixguy

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The advice offered is good. But, it's misplaced. The OP is a lying, ***. All this type of crap does is plant seeds. You see, we go out riding and with enough of this stuff in our heads we become aggressive and pre-loaded. I really dislike this sort of thing. We have too much real stuff to deal with to have people intentionally pushing buttons.

OP - want me to believe it really happened? OK. Convince me.
Old 10-16-09, 11:05 PM
luno-pdx

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If assault with a deadly weapon isn't real crime I'm not sure what is.
yeah. nypd doesnt look at it like this, trust me.. when you have people getting shot and stabbed to death every day in your city, driver to biker beef is the last thing they think is important.

it is important.
but there is a lot of more important stuff going on.

pigs live a terrible life though, half of them are corrupt, the other half are forced to arrest young poor kids who are forced into a life of crime by the negligence caused by rampant corruption running through every level of society. but thats a tangent

my bet is the nypd wont do anything about it.

depending on where you got hit in ny you could make the judgement for whether you wanna dispense some STREET JUSTICE!!! or not. yes, its stupid. yes, it should be a very last resort. but if you seriously feel the driver was trying to kill you then its ultimately your choice to defend yourself. just know the consequences

like if you almost got hit in.. a nice area of town, go ahead and do a mad ting if you want
but if youre biking around mott haven or tremont maybe you wanna let that one go unless youre ready for the war ting
Old 10-17-09, 07:00 AM
BianchiDave

Bikes: 2000 LeMond Buenos Aires / 1996 LeMond Alpe d'Huez / 2009 Scott Scale 60

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by filtersweep
Are you serious? If you speak to a cop who obviously does not want to deal with the complaint move on to the Sgt or Lt..
If you know anything about how law enforcement agencies work, you would know that heavier complaints will be taken by the street cop, but complaints that will need more substance or take a little more probable cause should be taken by the desk Sgt/Lt.
Now to insure your complaint gets worked after you formally give it (hint; in writting) request a follow up to be made to you with in a reasonable date (about 2 weeks NOT 2 HOURS.)

Now if your reporting this to a backwoods department and they tell you to take a number, take the number, the number to your local alderman that is and file that complaint.
Old 10-17-09, 08:31 AM
Scrodzilla
Your cog is slipping.

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 640 Post(s)
Liked 100 Times in 58 Posts
I can't believe we're even still discussing this. Yes, it's a serious issue when this happens...I've been on both sides of it while riding my bike and while driving my car...but the OP is obviously a troll or just a stupid *******.
Old 10-17-09, 01:17 PM
gdelacruz

Bikes: tommaso augusta old school

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qtrAMK7_Qk

click that link and do what russell peters said at 2:30 to 2:40.
Old 10-17-09, 01:40 PM
tgscordv6

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Why did you tap on his car? Seems like you provoked him into hitting you.
Old 10-17-09, 02:13 PM
eMXiMeR
O HAI GUYS

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OP probably didn't tell us the full story. Obviously more to it if he's not willing to file a report.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.