Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Southern California
Reload this Page >

Any bikes you want to get rid of or are willing to donate?

Search
Notices
Southern California Southern California

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-10, 11:50 AM
Luwin1026

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi all,

For those who don't know me, I'm Luwin - and I've been a member here for 4 years and running, and have met a lot of amazing and fun people on rides and other outings.

While I'm a Marriage & Family Therapist by title, I am currently working for a non-profit organization in El Monte - I'm in a program called Wraparound that works with families of children who are referred to us by the Department of Children and Family Services (DCFS) or Probation. A good number of my clients are either kids in the foster care system, probation, or have a past history of abuse/neglect.

With that being said, I was wondering if any of you have any old/used/neglected/etc. bikes lying around that you would be willing to donate for some of my clients. As most of them are from lower socioeconomic backgrounds, having a bike is significant in that it gives them the means to get to school/work/etc. It would be preferable if they are in general working condition, but would be willing to do some minor adjustments/tuning up on them.

Please let me know - I can be reached fastest via email:

luwinkwan at yahoo -

I will come and pick up the bike, wherever you are!

Your kindness and generosity is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by Luwin1026; 06-22-10 at 12:02 PM.
Old 06-24-10, 03:49 PM
buck65
cherish the day

Bikes: Rivendel Sam Hillborne, SOMA San Marcos

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
do crappy "wallmart style" bikes count?

i was just at my mom's condo the other day and saw a pink, "full suspension" mountain bike in the garage (she'd like to get rid of it, but doesn't want to throw it in the dumpster). think crappy twist shifters and weird derailleurs you've never heard of. after fooling around on this thing, my heavy roadbike seems like a feather weight carbon race bike! but since you're suggesting that these bikes will go to impacted families, with severe circumstances, i imagine the bike would be welcomed.

it's yours if you want it...pm me if you're interested or if you want pics.