Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Bicycle Mechanics
Reload this Page >

Reach adjust screws on SRAM rival levers

Search
Notices
Bicycle Mechanics Broken bottom bracket? Tacoed wheel? If you're having problems with your bicycle, or just need help fixing a flat, drop in here for the latest on bicycle mechanics & bicycle maintenance.

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-24, 02:53 PM
Bilz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts

Hi,
I've got a 1x SRAM rival set up on my bike with drop handlebar shifters (hydraulic). The grub screw keeps coming loose over time and the brake lever ends up very close to the actual gear shifter. I always stop on the side of the road and screw the grub screw back in, but shortly after it'll come loose again!

I tried getting blue loctite on the screw but I cant apply it very well because I can't reach the screw well - in fact, I ended up making more of a mess on the underside of my shifter! Can I take the screw all the way out of the shifter i.e. remove it, apply the loctite, and put the screw back in? I'm reluctant to try without getting confirmation!

Thanks in advance!
Old 04-20-24, 05:48 PM
Kontact

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4459 Post(s)
Liked 1,592 Times in 1,048 Posts
Use a toothpick to get a drop in place.
Likes For Kontact: