Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Laser Bicycle Lane Survey!

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-14, 09:05 AM
Catherinel117

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Laser Bicycle Lane Survey!

Hi everyone!

My name is Catherine and I am a student at Babson College. I'm currently working on the development of a bicycling safety product along with my team. As part of our business class, Fundamentals of Management and Entrepreneurship, my team and I are trying to improve cycling on the streets and create a safer environment for both cyclists and drivers. We created LightSavior! LightSavior is a traveling bicycle lane. It utilizes a strong laser light that shines from the back of your bicycle at an angle. It hits the road projecting a bicycle lane parallel to the cyclist, so that the incoming driver has a good estimation of how far away he/she should be driving from the cyclist. The results we receive from the survey will be a guideline for our marketing plans, it will be used to interpret whether or not our product is feasible, and if it can move to the next stage of implementing. We just need 100 responses but we are lacking cyclists in our personal contact list-- which is why I am posting in here -- so if you could all please fill out the survey, I would appreciate it. It is only nine questions and should only take a minute. Thank you all in advance! The results will be posted on BikeForums!

Last edited by unterhausen; 11-14-14 at 09:17 AM.
Old 11-14-14, 09:18 AM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,701 Times in 2,521 Posts
I deleted the link because it doesn't meet our requirements for surveys
https://www.bikeforums.net/manufactur...g-surveys.html

Please coordinate with your team not to spam the forum. One thread that meets our requirements will be allowed

Last edited by unterhausen; 11-14-14 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-14-14, 10:10 AM
AnkleWork

Bikes: old clunker

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked 105 Times in 83 Posts
Originally Posted by Catherinel117
. . . we are lacking cyclists in our personal contact list . . .
There's the problem.

Just FYI, it's been done more than once. Survey result: I ride at night and don't have one on my bike.
Old 11-14-14, 10:39 AM
lostarchitect 
incazzare.

Bikes: See sig

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 55 Times in 38 Posts
You didn't create this, it's been done. It generally doesn't work well, and cars can't see it until they're very close. It is no substitute for good lights.
Old 11-14-14, 10:45 AM
2manybikes

Bikes: 2 many

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked 323 Times in 169 Posts
It's been done. I have a few. One even has a bike graphic in the middle of the lane. There is also a headlight that does the same in green.