Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Volkswagens and fixies

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Volkswagens and fixies

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-08, 04:53 PM
G60

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
wowo, loving that bus! i appreciate air and watercooled dubs equally. always wanted a karmann ghia, maybe someday hhaa.

someone once told me, 'if it has a radiator, it's not a VW" =P jackass!
Old 07-26-08, 05:17 PM
chase.
out of shape

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
love the panel, naes. i'd love to drop a squareback.
Old 07-26-08, 05:38 PM
womensecks

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by supercub
Are you in IT? Lottery winner? Trust fund baby? DINC?

IT? no lottery winner
not a trust fund baby
no DINC
Old 07-26-08, 07:03 PM
hockdub
bank robber burger

Bikes: fuji thrill mountain bike, caloi rat rod beach cruiser, fuji sports ten fixie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by NAES
Here's a pic of my 59 double door panel bus. OG paint and lowered a little. This is my baby.

This is my former Benotto that I just sold to fund a true track buildup. I learned a lot from this build and can't wait to apply it to my next whip.
NAES
mmmm slow n low. nice safari windows.
Old 07-27-08, 01:51 AM
throwintail
shreddin'

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Loving peoples rides on here track bikes and dubs are more common than I thought. I have an 87 16v Gti, and soma rush bike at the moment. I love my dub, but she is an expensive mistress...
Old 07-27-08, 02:14 AM
cc700
Ths Hipstr Kills Masheenz

Bikes: tirove

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
hell naw.

this is how it's done.
Old 07-27-08, 10:05 AM
Carlovahnsexron
Half-Beard the Pirate

Bikes: 1984 Schwinn World Sport

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dang you guys have some nice VW's! My first car, and the only car I've ever loved, was an '82 VW rabbit. That is, until the previous owner's crazy hackjob with the wiring harness boned completely.
Old 07-27-08, 10:22 AM
hockdub
bank robber burger

Bikes: fuji thrill mountain bike, caloi rat rod beach cruiser, fuji sports ten fixie

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by cc700
hell naw.

this is how it's done.
nice bike.
Old 07-27-08, 11:31 AM
chase.
out of shape

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
love the bugeye, cc700. i think i've seen more of your shots on your flickr.
Old 07-27-08, 07:04 PM
onespeed89

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
1995 Jetta 2.0 (black) and my other ride is a Soma Rush (black)
Old 07-27-08, 07:53 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Bikes: to many to list

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 56 Times in 31 Posts
I HATE VWs! I was stupid enough to buy three of them before I figured out they were junk! The last one was a 2000 VW New Beetle with all the options, 1.8 Turbo engine, 2 tone leather interior, heated seats, sun/moon roof, chrome package, rear electric spoiler that came up automatically when the car hit 90MPH, alloy wheels, you name it the car had it. To bad the POS kept falling apart! Just like the Jetta and the Passat, dude! no BS! They literally started falling apart! Light lenses, door handles, window controls, door panels! The Turbo on the beetle went bad 3 months after we got it, driver and passenger side airbag had to be replaced, check engine light was on ever other month! Sold it for $6000.00 just to get out of it. Ive had my Toyota Rav 4 since 98 with no "0" problems Sorry, I didnt mean to knock your VWs, but I did have to vent!
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 07-27-08, 08:51 PM
drafters65

Bikes: 02' Fuji Team, 85' Miyata ninety SS, 18' Citizen Rome

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ilikebikes
I HATE VWs! I was stupid enough to buy three of them before I figured out they were junk! The last one was a 2000 VW New Beetle with all the options, 1.8 Turbo engine, 2 tone leather interior, heated seats, sun/moon roof, chrome package, rear electric spoiler that came up automatically when the car hit 90MPH, alloy wheels, you name it the car had it. To bad the POS kept falling apart! Just like the Jetta and the Passat, dude! no BS! They literally started falling apart! Light lenses, door handles, window controls, door panels! The Turbo on the beetle went bad 3 months after we got it, driver and passenger side airbag had to be replaced, check engine light was on ever other month! Sold it for $6000.00 just to get out of it. Ive had my Toyota Rav 4 since 98 with no "0" problems Sorry, I didnt mean to knock your VWs, but I did have to vent!
lol trust me i dont think any VW owners will disagree with you...my buddy that is a VW mech tells me never to get one
Old 07-27-08, 09:06 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Location: My response would have been something along the lines of: "Does your bike have computer controlled suspension? Then shut your piehole, this baby is from the future!"

Originally Posted by drafters65
lol trust me i dont think any VW owners will disagree with you...my buddy that is a VW mech tells me never to get one
If the thought ever crosses your mind just PM me and Ill have my crack team of VW haters at your place in no time!
You see, their morals, their code...it's a bad joke, dropped at the first sign of trouble. They're only as good as the world allows them to be. I'll show you. When the chips are down, these...These "civilized" people...they'll eat each other. See, I'm not a monster. I'm just ahead of the curve
Old 07-27-08, 09:12 PM
hockdub
bank robber burger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ilikebikes

let me break it down. first of all you bought the worst year new bug you could every buy. in the 2000 model 1.8t's they used ko3 turbos which went bad fairly fast because of heating issues. in 01 is when they switched to the ko3 sport which was a far better turbo with little issues. who cares what "trim" package the bug had because new bugs are stupid pos's anyways and if i ever hear anyone say they hate vw's because their nb was a piece, ill truly understand they were never an enthusiast. as for your jetta and passat, im assuming they were both late models as well, which too explains their lack of craft. some people say that they stopped making the volkswagen after 92, which i do believe firmly being a mk2 enthusiast to the core. mk3's were definately pushing it for me, but to be totally honest, i will probably never tune or own a mk3, mk4, or mk5 because you start losing what a volkswagen is really supposed to be. in 91/92 the gti 16v, and the jetta gli came stock with, yes stock - velour recaro front and rear seats with power bases, wider rallye inspired fender flares on the gti's power windows in the GLI's but not gti's. power locks, a 16v 2.0l engine which RARELY saw any issues, bbs wheels, and oem bilstein struts surrounded by some heavier coils than their predecessor's. for you to say you hate VW's because you owned a couple of pos new cars that were more than likely built on a friday when the workers wanted to peace, is not really giving them a shot. if you look at the technology gap from the 92's and on earlier, you see that vw was truly ahead of the curve. not trying to go off on you man, just defending my opinion and the fact that you said "I HATE VW's" in an enthusiast based thread. i respect your opinion and love toyotas and they are the only other car id ever drive next to a vw. im in the market for a tacoma as it were.
Old 07-27-08, 09:22 PM
i r yo
Here to **** **** up

Bikes: 92 Cannondale Track, 08 Felt F4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by hockdub
if i ever hear anyone say they hate vw's because their nb was a piece, ill truly understand they were never an enthusiast.
Truth.
Old 07-27-08, 10:10 PM
ilikebikes
K2ProFlex baby!

Thats all good but it still doesnt change the fact that the VWs I owned were BIG POS! I dont really recall the year of the others. Maybe around 89 and 94?
Old 07-27-08, 10:17 PM
chadbrochill17
Pretty Prince of Parties

Bikes: Pista

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
New bike and car:

Old 07-27-08, 10:27 PM
cc700

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
i actually really love all the mark fives.

i think they'll be more reliable too.
Old 07-27-08, 10:40 PM
i r yo
Here to **** **** up

Bikes: 92 Cannondale Track, 08 Felt F4

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
White rabbits are hot, nice bike too.
Old 07-27-08, 10:55 PM
hockdub
bank robber burger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chadbrochill17
New bike and car:

may i say i love your screen name. and your supreme avatar. the funny thing about both is, that i used to live up in steamboat springs, co. went to school there and the last semester i attended we had a huge influx of "chads." my buddies and i used to make fun of them and act like we were them introducing ourselves and we would say... "yeah man, you got aim? my aim name is chadbrochill16!"

and about the supreme avatar. one of the kids i designed with in our snowboard design class was really into supreme. he went to an art academy out in Connecticut, and worked for this boutique up in NYC that sold a lot of supreme. a few boutiques in boulder and breckenridge carry supreme too. super sick. you know whats up!
Old 07-27-08, 11:14 PM
anthegreat1
Custom User Title

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
i'll admit VW's are like kids. They have there good points, charm, and uniqueness but sometimes you want to beat them. LOL I have 3 VW's and a 3yr old. I hate to love them. Hockdub can vouch for me. I am in the process of putting an engine netorious for breaking down (g60) into one of them(1980 Rabbit Truck). Stupid? yes. But I can't help myself.

oh and mk4's are crap. sorry.
Old 07-27-08, 11:33 PM
Tom88

Bikes: mktt

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by anthegreat1

oh and mk4's are crap. sorry.

my old car, miss it a lot

Old 07-27-08, 11:35 PM
Maverick PHX

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I love volkswagens. Have/ have had lots. heres a taste:

'73 German panel

zwitter ('53 !) og paint... yep.

NAES, rad bus!!!

i forgot to ad my bike:

Last edited by Maverick PHX; 07-27-08 at 11:40 PM.
Old 07-27-08, 11:41 PM
cc700

Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by anthegreat1
i'll admit VW's are like kids. ... I have 3 VW's and a 3yr old. I hate to love them.
you hate to love your 3 year old? harsh.

that said, i'd like this:

in four door with a different lip kit, silver wheels with fatter lip and more stretch/poke, no hood pins, and a roof rack.
plus a stock jamis sonik.

that or this.

mkii with a 20v roof rack and work equip's in gunmetal, not gold. and red pinstripes and a mean hood brow thing. whatever those are called.
plus a 3rensho.
Old 07-27-08, 11:42 PM
hockdub
bank robber burger

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
did u tag the bus? looks sick! rare bug u got too! sweet!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.