Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

WTB: Velo Orange Randonneur Front Rack - Canti Post Mount

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-24, 12:53 PM
fowlergmu

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hey everyone! Just about done building up a 1996 Trek Multisport for my girlfriend, but I'm looking to install a front rack that attaches to cantilever brakes. Both VO and Nitto options seem to be sold out everywhere online, but if anyone has one laying around they'd be willing to part with please let me know!

Thanks so much, I'll post pictures of the build when it's done, should be wrapped up this weekend!
Old 03-05-24, 02:02 PM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 838 Post(s)
Liked 1,082 Times in 522 Posts
In the event that you get desperate and this will fit: https://www.renehersecycles.com/shop...ng+light+mount
Old 03-05-24, 02:15 PM
SoCaled 

Bikes: Cuevas Custom, Cimmaron, 1988 "Pinalized Rockma", 1984 Trek 510, Moulton custom touring, Raleigh Competition GS, Bridgestone Mb-2 & 3, 1980's Peugeot - US, City, & Canyon Express (6)

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 1101 Post(s)
Liked 3,757 Times in 1,842 Posts
Not sure what shipping would be, but seems to be in stock? - https://www.libertecycles.com/Frontr...ack-cantilever

Not anywhere near as nice (or pricey), but I am thinking I am going to try one of these? https://www.thebikesmiths.com/collec...ts/yuen-yfa23c Wish it was black or chrome/aluminum. The "silver" seems like it would clash with an old bike.

Last edited by SoCaled; 03-05-24 at 02:20 PM.
Old 03-05-24, 02:24 PM
Sandstrom

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked 73 Times in 45 Posts
The SOMA Mini Champs Elysees has always appeared to be essentially the same design to my eye:

https://www.somafabshop.com/shop/185...gory=704#attr=
Old 03-05-24, 04:44 PM
squarenoise 

Bikes: Raleigh Competition GS, Freschi Supreme, Miyata 1000, Trek 520, Marin Pine Mountain, Specialized RockCombo, Soma Smoothie, Surly Cross-Check

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 105 Posts
Why not buy the one with the integrated decaleur: https://velo-orange.com/collections/...eur-cantilever

It also comes with the U shaped plugged if you don't want to commit to decaleur placment on a bag just yet.
Old 03-05-24, 04:48 PM
squarenoise 

Bikes: Raleigh Competition GS, Freschi Supreme, Miyata 1000, Trek 520, Marin Pine Mountain, Specialized RockCombo, Soma Smoothie, Surly Cross-Check

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked 267 Times in 105 Posts
Originally Posted by Sandstrom
The SOMA Mini Champs Elysees has always appeared to be essentially the same design to my eye
The SOMA needs either fork eyelets or the use of P-clamps. fowlergmu is looking for a cantilever post mounted one.
Old 03-05-24, 08:39 PM
CO_Hoya 
Señor Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 284 Post(s)
Liked 299 Times in 150 Posts
Originally Posted by fowlergmu
Hey everyone! Just about done building up a 1996 Trek Multisport for my girlfriend, but I'm looking to install a front rack that attaches to cantilever brakes. Both VO and Nitto options seem to be sold out everywhere online, but if anyone has one laying around they'd be willing to part with please let me know!
If you mean this type, I have one out in the shed I’d be willing to part with:

Mine looks a bit different - that center mount isn’t adjustable but has a threaded post on it instead. It’s also a bit bent as I recall, but you could probably straighten it as it’s steel.

I’ll be happy to take some pictures if you’d like. I’m not sure if you can send PMs yet, but that’s best for me.
Old 03-05-24, 09:00 PM
fowlergmu

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by CO_Hoya
If you mean this type, I have one out in the shed I’d be willing to part with:

Mine looks a bit different - that center mount isn’t adjustable but has a threaded post on it instead. It’s also a bit bent as I recall, but you could probably straighten it as it’s steel.

I’ll be happy to take some pictures if you’d like. I’m not sure if you can send PMs yet, but that’s best for me.
Just sent you a PM! This might be exactly what I'm looking for