Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Bike pic mission game, if anyone wants to play.

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Bike pic mission game, if anyone wants to play.

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-20, 03:31 PM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 418 Posts
Originally Posted by 3S1M
so what's the new mission?

Yeah, I was loaded down with long underwear, jeans, and sweatpants over that and 5 layers on top on Saturday night. It does make sense to have an easy on and off bike..... I like the 3 speed coaster hub though. I'm jealous of that.

My doc says we are made up of a bunch of minerals......
Current mission is your bike with a lizard. This might have to wait for spring here....
Old 01-21-20, 08:30 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 413 Posts
Originally Posted by Notso_fastLane
Current mission is your bike with a lizard.
"Slightspeed" fulfilled that mission. Waiting on him/her to set the next mission.

Dan
Old 01-21-20, 09:13 AM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_
"Slightspeed" fulfilled that mission. Waiting on him/her to set the next mission.

Dan
Slightspeed named the lizard mission, so Slightspeed can give an example, but not play the mission. Unless I'm missing something here?
Old 01-21-20, 01:18 PM
308jerry

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 88 Posts
Originally Posted by FiftySix
Slightspeed named the lizard mission, so Slightspeed can give an example, but not play the mission. Unless I'm missing something here?
I'm not sure that is a rule set in stone. But Slightspeed got the rock mission, then called for the lizard mission and got a picture of that. This isn't my thread, but I'm okay with Slightspeed getting both or if he wants to wait for someone else's lizard pic, that's okay too..... Just trying to keep it fun is the name of the game I believe....
3S1M it's your thread your call......
Old 01-21-20, 04:16 PM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked 139 Times in 90 Posts
For some reason I totally missed what was going on. You can do your own mission. Especially if no one else is gonna get it. It's all good with me. He can pick a new one. I think I did one of my own missions once. Yeah, I think the red house was my own mission and I did it...... People were saying red houses were not the norm... Plus it was early on in the game and I had no clue how many people would join in so I had my own place in mind when picking the mission.

I mean, it would be good if a person lets other people join in though. LOL. Could you imagine if someone stated a mission then posted a pic of it about an hour after each time? LOL. I guess we'd call them a mission hog. LOL.

So even though you were a mission hog slightspeed, it's all good. Choose a new one!!!!! Sorry to be confused and not give some direction when needed.

It was my Birthday on Saturday and also my Grandma passed away that day. So I've been kind of off the books here. Plus I'm shopping for a BMX bike..... I'm still riding every night though. Last snow storm was so much fun.
Old 01-21-20, 05:36 PM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 218 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 78 Posts
I feel like if the mission is taking too long to be completed or is considered too hard then I'm ok with the person finishing their own mission.

In this case either the guy got lucky and got the shot, already had the pic(most likely not the case but it may happen at some point), or felt bad that quite a bit of people couldn't play because of the time of year, snow and cold weather are not something that reptiles enjoy.

Either way Im ok with it playing out as is.

@Slightspeed should put up another mission and let's move on.

EDIT: Changed the mention to the correct person.

Last edited by Bryan C.; 01-21-20 at 07:10 PM.
Likes For Bryan C.:
Old 01-21-20, 06:20 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Quoted: 741 Post(s)
Liked 818 Times in 421 Posts
Originally Posted by Bryan C.
I feel like if the mission is taking too long to be completed or is considered too hard then I'm ok with the person finishing their own mission.

In this case either the guy got lucky and got the shot, already had the pic(most likely not the case but it may happen at some point), or felt bad that quite a bit of people couldn't play because of the time of year, snow and cold weather are not something that reptiles enjoy.

Either way Im ok with it playing out as is.

@cyccommute should put up another mission and let's move on.
The lizard was two days ago in a park near my house. I took the picture, then saw it move, so I moved in for a close up. Here in California, lizards don't take the winter off, neither do riders. 48 miles today, down the coast to Malibu. No lizards, but a big flock of green parrots flew right over me. I forgot my phone, so no photos.
Likes For Slightspeed:
Old 01-21-20, 06:41 PM
Slightspeed

Bikes: 1964 Legnano Roma Olympiade, 1973 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Raleigh Super Course, 1978 Peugeot PR10, 2002 Specialized Allez, 2007 Specialized Roubaix, 2013 Culprit Croz Blade

Not to hijack the game, but maybe the rule should be amended to allow the mission picker to post a sample of the mission pnoto he selected, but not as a means to end the game. As a Dodger fan, I am sensitive to cheaters, and don't want to run the risk of that happening. 😉
Likes For Slightspeed:
Old 01-21-20, 06:54 PM
FiftySix
I'm the anecdote.

Bikes: '12 Schwinn, '13 Norco

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 1110 Post(s)
Liked 1,176 Times in 795 Posts
Originally Posted by 3S1M
For some reason I totally missed what was going on. You can do your own mission. Especially if no one else is gonna get it. It's all good with me. He can pick a new one. I think I did one of my own missions once. Yeah, I think the red house was my own mission and I did it...... People were saying red houses were not the norm... Plus it was early on in the game and I had no clue how many people would join in so I had my own place in mind when picking the mission.

I mean, it would be good if a person lets other people join in though. LOL. Could you imagine if someone stated a mission then posted a pic of it about an hour after each time? LOL. I guess we'd call them a mission hog. LOL.

So even though you were a mission hog slightspeed, it's all good. Choose a new one!!!!! Sorry to be confused and not give some direction when needed.

It was my Birthday on Saturday and also my Grandma passed away that day. So I've been kind of off the books here. Plus I'm shopping for a BMX bike..... I'm still riding every night though. Last snow storm was so much fun.
You're the ump, sounds like "Play Ball" has been called.
Old 01-21-20, 07:06 PM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Originally Posted by Slightspeed
The lizard was two days ago in a park near my house. I took the picture, then saw it move, so I moved in for a close up. Here in California, lizards don't take the winter off, neither do riders. 48 miles today, down the coast to Malibu. No lizards, but a big flock of green parrots flew right over me. I forgot my phone, so no photos.
I live in California, I haven't seen any lizards all winter. But I did ride 50 miles this weekend.

Either way the lizard shot was cool and worthy of calling the next mission.
Old 01-21-20, 07:12 PM
Bryan C. 
nothing to see here

Not to hijack the game, but maybe the rule should be amended to allow the mission picker to post a sample of the mission pnoto he selected, but not as a means to end the game. As a Dodger fan, I am sensitive to cheaters, and don't want to run the risk of that happening. 😉
Too many rules ruin a good time. But everyone has their own ideas of fun.

If your intent with the pic was to show it can be done then.......well done.
Old 01-22-20, 12:22 PM
3S1M

Bikes: Schwinn Del Mar, Schwinn Sanctuary, Schwinn Hurricane, Murray Actra, Eastern Shovelhead

There have been people posting pics of examples in the past. No need to have a "rule" about it.

You done good. You contributed to a great thread and posted a couple of cool pictures. How bout a new mission sparky (that means you Slightspeed)? You've got us all chomping at the bit. If you don't pick one I'll have to and I don't want to. LOL.

In the words of Sergeant Carter: Move it Move it Move it.....

Likes For 3S1M:
Old 01-22-20, 01:57 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 2112 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
The Lizard Lounge at Cambridge Common in Cambridge (our fair city) MA.

(Sorry, didn’t see the above post. Our living lizards are unavailable at this time. We don’t hibernate though.)

In case accepted, public outdoor sculpture, but....

Non-memorial (example, no dead human on pedestal, let alone dead human on horse (dead or not) on pedestal).

Non-corporate (no lego giraffes for example).

Non-functional (no fountains for example).

Non-sports (so no Rocky at the top of the steps for example).

It must be in a public space.

YOU MUST include the name of the piece, the artist, and circa year created/installed/dedicated. (Usually a plaque nearby, if not google it.)

Bonus points if the artist is living.

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 01-22-20 at 03:45 PM. Reason: Confusion, but....
Likes For mr_bill:
Old 01-23-20, 07:00 AM
flangehead

Bikes: 2017 Co-op ADV 1.1; ~1991 Novara Arriba; 1990 Fuji Palisade; mid-90's Moots Tandem; 1985 Performance Superbe

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked 568 Times in 330 Posts
Steel Sculpture. Request: Rainbow

High Plains Drifter at Agnes Moffitt Park at 10625 Hammerly Blvd, Houston TX.

Sculpture was originally installed in downtown Houston until moved to Agnes Moffitt Park in February 2018.

The artist, Peter Reginato, is reportedly 74 years old (per Wikipedia) and there is no notice there of his demise. Claiming bonus points.

I had asked my able assistant for help with the lizard mission under the usual terms and conditions.

She wants to see a rainbow.

Therefore the next mission is your bike with a real rainbow until the mr_bill clause* kicks in. Extra credit for a double, and a triple, well, let's just say Powerball-level extra credit. The mr_bill clause allows graphical representations of a rainbow beginning Sunday January 26th.

Ride safely.

*A "mr_bill clause" is a relaxation of the mission requirements at some date in the near future, intended to keep the game moving when the mission may be particularly difficult or take a long time to achieve.

Last edited by flangehead; 01-23-20 at 08:07 AM. Reason: Defining a mr_bill clause.
Likes For flangehead:
Old 01-23-20, 07:45 AM
308jerry

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 88 Posts
Mr Bill clause.....? Gotta love it. We now have a moderator....

Likes For 308jerry:
Old 01-23-20, 11:20 AM
3S1M

Sorry I didn't hop on here later yesterday. I'm good with moving on. I'm sorry slightspeed but I guess this monster has taken a mind on it's own. No time to wait for ya......

Hopefully none of my comments came across as rude. But I'm good with keeping it moving and nice pics guys. Hopefully we didn't lose him as a contributor though.

I had a mission in mind but I'll save it for if I ever get the mission again..... Of course by then I might forget what it was had in my head. LOL.
Likes For 3S1M:
Old 01-23-20, 02:18 PM
Notso_fastLane

Bikes: 2011 Bent TW Elegance 2014 Carbon Strada Velomobile

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked 701 Times in 418 Posts
Someone (hint hint) make a mission to get a pic of a bike parked in front of a tank. I can do that one.
Old 01-24-20, 12:55 AM
Slightspeed

Originally Posted by mr_bill
The Lizard Lounge at Cambridge Common in Cambridge (our fair city) MA.

(Sorry, didn’t see the above post. Our living lizards are unavailable at this time. We don’t hibernate though.)

In case accepted, public outdoor sculpture, but....

Non-memorial (example, no dead human on pedestal, let alone dead human on horse (dead or not) on pedestal).

Non-corporate (no lego giraffes for example).

Non-functional (no fountains for example).

Non-sports (so no Rocky at the top of the steps for example).

It must be in a public space.

YOU MUST include the name of the piece, the artist, and circa year created/installed/dedicated. (Usually a plaque nearby, if not google it.)

Bonus points if the artist is living.

-mr. bill
Excellent picture!!!
Old 01-24-20, 11:58 AM
mr_bill

Excellent picture!!!
Sorry about all the confusion. I was riding back from Harvard Square when I saw the big green lizard out of the corner of my eye, so had to stop and take a snap even if it wasn't a living lizard.

(Funny how you can pass something so often that you can forget it's there?)

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 01-24-20 at 01:35 PM.
Old 01-24-20, 02:02 PM
Slightspeed

OK, here's a couple of pictures, just back from today's ride to the post office. Couldn't find a rainbow, but I found a couple of tanks. I hope they aren't too controversial, but it didnt say Army tank, propane tank, water tank, or whatever. Here's today's tanks.

OK, more bike than tank, but there is a round greenish water tank, way up on the hill in the center. Too far, and I don't even know if there is a way to get there. This is near the park where I shot the lizard a couple days ago.

This is a fake tank hiding a cell phone tower, from a back alley in the neighborhood.

Detail shot, but I couldn't fit the bike in.
No rainbows around here yet. That means you have ride in the rain, who does that? 😃

Last edited by Slightspeed; 01-24-20 at 09:17 PM.
Old 01-25-20, 08:31 AM
flangehead

Bikes: 2017 Co-op ADV 1.1; ~1991 Novara Arriba; 1990 Fuji Palisade; mid-90's Moots Tandem; 1985 Performance Superbe

Quoted: 388 Post(s)
Liked 568 Times in 330 Posts
Your Bike Pic Forecast for Saturday, January 25, 2020

…. That means you have ride in the rain, who does that? 😃
Favorable: New England, Pacific Northwest, Gulf Coast to northern AR and OK.
Possible: Great Lakes.
Fuggeddaboutit: Southern CA, CO, Riga, IA.

US Lower 48 Forecast for 24 Hours beginning 0700 EST Saturday 1/25/2020.
Old 01-25-20, 10:41 AM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
Yeah, we've got highs in the mid-70s and not a cloud in the sky. Unless the sun shines through a geyser from a broken pipe, we're not getting any rainbows here for awhile.

Old 01-25-20, 11:20 AM
mr_bill

Not an entry, but from a few years ago. Double even.

Originally Posted by mr_bill
Yesterday about 6:00.

-mr. bill
Old 01-25-20, 11:55 AM
_ForceD_
Sr Member on Sr bikes

Bikes: Several...from old junk to new all-carbon.

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 1017 Post(s)
Liked 783 Times in 413 Posts
I hate to be a party pooper, but all the posting of examples of pics from previous rides is making it confusing. And so now the rainbow is up and again there isn't a new mission. What is the current mission?

Dan
Old 01-25-20, 12:56 PM
mr_bill

Originally Posted by _ForceD_
I hate to be a party pooper, but all the posting of examples of pics from previous rides is making it confusing. And so now the rainbow is up and again there isn't a new mission. What is the current mission?

Dan
Sorry, I think the current mission remains "real rainbow," with extra credit for double (or triple).

Beginning Sunday, January 26, 2020 the mission becomes "real rainbow, or graphical representations of a rainbow." (Unclear if extra credit for nyan cat or unicorn.)

-mr. bill

Last edited by mr_bill; 01-25-20 at 01:03 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.