Go Back  Bike Forums > News & Suggestions > Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback
Reload this Page >

Sweetheart16 Hollow Pedal Extender broke off

Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-19, 07:25 PM
Popete

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts

I’m sorry to be so negative about these hollow stainless steel pedal extenders manufactured and sold by “Sweetheart16” and her husband, but please think about what will happen if one of these pedal extenders breaks off - you will probably suffer a terrible crash! That is what happened to me.

If you survive your crash, it will probably be too late to leave negative feedback to warn others. You will be unable to locate or call “sweetheart16” or her husband, except thru this forum or on eBay. No contact name, address, phone number, email address or web site. All I could find is the address of a warehouse in Jacksonville Florida.

I think it is a terrible idea to put your trust in a critical bicycle component involving the crank or pedals with an unaccountable, GHOST manufacturer like “Sweetheart16”. I’m sorry, my accident when this pedal extender broke really, really hurt, and left me laying in the middle of the road.

Originally Posted by Sweetheart14
A while ago, my husband made me a set of pedal extenders. It really made my weekend riding much more enjoyable. So much so we decided to make them and sell them. It has been going well. I now have a question. A few people have asked for a set threaded to 14mm. Is this something we should make?

Thank you,

Sweetheart14.
Old 09-30-19, 07:49 AM
Sweetheart14

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Pedal Extenders

Originally Posted by Popete
I’m sorry to be so negative about these hollow stainless steel pedal extenders manufactured and sold by “Sweetheart16” and her husband, but please think about what will happen if one of these pedal extenders breaks off - you will probably suffer a terrible crash! That is what happened to me.

If you survive your crash, it will probably be too late to leave negative feedback to warn others. You will be unable to locate or call “sweetheart16” or her husband, except thru this forum or on eBay. No contact name, address, phone number, email address or web site. All I could find is the address of a warehouse in Jacksonville Florida.

I think it is a terrible idea to put your trust in a critical bicycle component involving the crank or pedals with an unaccountable, GHOST manufacturer like “Sweetheart16”. I’m sorry, my accident when this pedal extender broke really, really hurt, and left me laying in the middle of the road.
Popete, when are you going to give this up? As you were told in other posts by others. When installed correctly your shouldn't have had a problem. We didn't give into your extortion then and we will not give into it now. You are giving people so much wrong information. We have many ways to be contacted. Ebay, Amazon, our website, and email. Each package we send out have our address(which you even have the city wrong and type of building), our email, and our website. You also need to let everyone one know. Just days after your so called disastrous crash, you were participating in 30 plus mile rides. Part of the bike club you are in. We have the photos. They are posted on the web. And to state you are sorry to be so negative, well that is B.S. You have been at this since 2016.