Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Electric Mountain Bike Under 3k?

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 09-30-19, 08:38 PM
Alphonsus

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Is there any good electric mtb under 3k? I plan on using the bike for commuting purposes but still, want the rigidity as well as the better control. I feel the electric bike would help when I commute on longer distances and when it's during the winter when it's cold. I'm not gonna be using the mtb for off-roading or downhill so I don't really need a full-suspension bike, although given electric motors it does make full suspension bikes to be a bit more efficient for long-distance travel on flat land. I do want a bike that has a flat bar and looks like a conventional bike not anyone of the bikes that has the battery exposed and it has a hub motor.
Old 10-01-19, 06:45 AM
Pouhana

Bikes: Fuji Nevada 29, Trek 820, SE BIG Mountain 29

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked 10 Times in 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Alphonsus
Is there any good electric mtb under 3k? I plan on using the bike for commuting purposes but still, want the rigidity as well as the better control. I feel the electric bike would help when I commute on longer distances and when it's during the winter when it's cold. I'm not gonna be using the mtb for off-roading or downhill so I don't really need a full-suspension bike, although given electric motors it does make full suspension bikes to be a bit more efficient for long-distance travel on flat land. I do want a bike that has a flat bar and looks like a conventional bike not anyone of the bikes that has the battery exposed and it has a hub motor.
So I am on my 5th new bike in 2 years. Just got a Walmart Hyper e-bike which has the best looking way of building in the battery. They offer street or mountain model. 598 dollars. I average over 100 miles a week.

Spare battery pack 200 dollars.

1 hour range. 20 mile range. 20 mph top speed.
Old 10-01-19, 10:15 AM
fly135

Bikes: iZip E3 Peak DS, Magnum Metro, GT Tachyon, K2 Sidewinder

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts
How do you even find a replacement battery for that Hyper eBike? I googled and couldn't find any parts.

He wants a mid drive motor, which is a bit more expensive. I have a Raleigh Kodiak iE (iZip branded), and it seems to meet the requirements (except visibility of battery) assuming you can find one in stock. I love it!

Try checking out m2sbikes....

https://shop.m2sbikes.com/collection...ng-ultra-motor
Old 10-01-19, 11:10 AM
2old

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 872 Post(s)
Liked 795 Times in 603 Posts
Haibike, as well as many other companies, have bikes that fit your requirements, especially if you purchase at the end of the model year as I did. My mid-drive Yamaha system (Haibike XDURO) would accomplish your requirements, but there are many other Treks etc that are equally as good. Best to locate a good dealer if there are ones in your area.
Old 10-01-19, 12:53 PM
Pouhana

Originally Posted by fly135
How do you even find a replacement battery for that Hyper eBike? I googled and couldn't find any parts.

He wants a mid drive motor, which is a bit more expensive. I have a Raleigh Kodiak iE (iZip branded), and it seems to meet the requirements (except visibility of battery) assuming you can find one in stock. I love it!

Try checking out m2sbikes....

https://shop.m2sbikes.com/collection...ng-ultra-motor
I spoke with the distributor and he gave me the phone number for both parts and warranty. He quoted me the price for Battery in stock.

Raleigh is an old and high quality brand. Our son bought a new Raleigh and it was well built. Stolen within 1 week.
Old 10-01-19, 02:16 PM
fly135

Bikes: iZip E3 Peak DS, Magnum Metro, GT Tachyon, K2 Sidewinder

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked 36 Times in 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Pouhana
I spoke with the distributor and he gave me the phone number for both parts and warranty. He quoted me the price for Battery in stock.

Raleigh is an old and high quality brand. Our son bought a new Raleigh and it was well built. Stolen within 1 week.
$200 is a killer price for a battery pack. That's what got me wondering.

When I bought my iZip E3 Peak DS I didn't know it was a Raleigh. iZip removed it from the catalog and when I asked customer service about it they told me that it was covered by Raleigh being the same bike as the Kodiak. I got a killer deal on it, $2530 before state sales tax. They originally stated out at $5K.
Old 10-03-19, 09:10 AM
Pouhana

Originally Posted by fly135
$200 is a killer price for a battery pack. That's what got me wondering.

When I bought my iZip E3 Peak DS I didn't know it was a Raleigh. iZip removed it from the catalog and when I asked customer service about it they told me that it was covered by Raleigh being the same bike as the Kodiak. I got a killer deal on it, $2530 before state sales tax. They originally stated out at $5K.

That bike is run on Bosch which is top drawer industrial . Low end e-bikes are flashlight battery cheap,