Search
Notices
Cyclocross and Gravelbiking (Recreational) This has to be the most physically intense sport ever invented. It's high speed bicycle racing on a short off road course or riding the off pavement rides on gravel like : "Unbound Gravel". We also have a dedicated Racing forum for the Cyclocross Hard Core Racers.

Best Gravel Bike Under $2100

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-19, 10:56 AM
Alphonsus

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Best Gravel Bike Under $2100

Was looking into buying a bike, will mainly be using it for urban riding for commuting but also want to bike longer. Was undecided between getting a road and a mtb. A gravel bike meets in the middle for the most part, since I will mainly be riding on asphalt, the road design of a gravel will help with efficiency but the tires would also help if I decide to ride on dirt trails pr on grass. Any suggestions for which gravel bike to buy?
Old 10-16-19, 11:06 AM
Elvo

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 630 Post(s)
Liked 369 Times in 206 Posts
https://www.bikesdirect.com/products/...ross-bikes.htm
Old 10-16-19, 01:59 PM
katsup

Bikes: 1995 ParkPre Pro 825 2021 Soma Fog Cutter v2 and 2021 Cotic SolarisMax

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 607 Post(s)
Liked 560 Times in 318 Posts
People are mostly going to suggest bikes that they own or are interested in with that description.

Is there a model you are interested in so we can at least suggest comparable bikes?
Old 10-16-19, 02:06 PM
genrlz

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Have you considered used instead of new? I just got a used 2016 Felt F65X for $800. I'm liking it so far.
Likes For genrlz:
Old 10-16-19, 02:08 PM
I.B.Roots
Bike Noob

Bikes: Kona, Salsa(s)

Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked 20 Times in 12 Posts
Tommaso
Salsa
Fuji
..all sell good, lower priced Gravel Bikes.
Old 10-16-19, 02:16 PM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
Unless you know how to wrench on bikes, find a store that you trust and listen to their advice as well as anything you can read online.
Old 10-18-19, 01:41 AM
Hmmm

Bikes: TCX & CAAD3 SAECO

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked 118 Times in 66 Posts
We need more info. Are you looking at something with an aggressive feel? Or are you wanting to prioritise comfort? Are you wanting to do really rough stuff? Or fairly smooth gravel?
Old 10-18-19, 05:17 AM
Metieval

Bikes: Road bike, Hybrid, Gravel, Drop bar SS, hard tail MTB

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1218 Post(s)
Liked 298 Times in 214 Posts
Originally Posted by Alphonsus
Was looking into buying a bike, will mainly be using it for urban riding for commuting but also want to bike longer. Was undecided between getting a road and a mtb. A gravel bike meets in the middle for the most part, since I will mainly be riding on asphalt, the road design of a gravel will help with efficiency but the tires would also help if I decide to ride on dirt trails pr on grass. Any suggestions for which gravel bike to buy?
Revolt Advanced 3
https://www.giant-bicycles.com/us/re...dvanced-3-2020

Cannondale Topstone 105
https://www.cannondale.com/en/USA/Bi...ntid=undefined

Niner RLT-9 Al.
https://www.jensonusa.com/Niner-RLT-9-3-STAR-Bike-2019

niner RLT steel
https://www.jensonusa.com/Niner-RLT-...STAR-Bike-2019

sizes are limited with JensonUSA and old stock, but the prices are low.
Old 10-31-19, 07:18 PM
dwmckee

Bikes: Co-Motion Cappuccino Tandem,'88 Bob Jackson Touring, Co-Motion Cascadia Touring, Open U.P., Ritchie Titanium Breakaway, Frances Cycles SmallHaul cargo bike. Those are the permanent ones; others wander in and out of the stable occasionally as well.

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 427 Post(s)
Liked 339 Times in 229 Posts
The Jamis Renegade has two models around your price range. They are a very proven bike and an excellent value for the price. They are a good and versatile "middle of the road" gravel bike you can also use for light touring, gravel, road, rail trail. etc. You will find a few forums dedicated to the Renegade because it is so popular. They have been making the Renegade for 6 - 7 years now at least and are on gen 3 of frames so the bugs are very worked out compared to some of the newcomers to gravel that are trying out their first iterations on us. The Renegade is a great bike to start with if you are new to this and a bit unsure of what you want and do not have unlimited funds.

Personally, I'd stay away from mail order Bikes Direct bikes as while the frame quality is sometimes good, it also sometimes is not. Fit can be a guess too if you are unfamiliar with the models and are unsure of your needs. I know some folks have had good luck with BD, but some have not...