Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Regional Discussions > Northern California
Reload this Page >

Professional fitting in Sacramento area

Search
Notices
Northern California Northern California

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-07, 02:31 PM
Yep
no cat contains

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 75 Posts

I had a fitting done about 6 months ago at the UC Davis Sports Medicine Clinic, but I wasn't satisfied with the fitter's attention to detail. He didn't even address cleat position. Is there another business in the area that specializes in professional fittings?
Old 01-16-07, 04:03 PM
Cynikal 
Team Beer

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked 159 Times in 104 Posts
I'm sure that both Bike Chef and Bike Business do great fittings.
Old 01-27-07, 07:44 PM
karinbur

Bikes: Moots; Calfee Luna Pro; Co-motion Carerra

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great bike fitting

Actually, there's a place in San Francisco, Presidio Sport & Medicine at https://www.presidiosport.com/. I had a horrible situation with my ankle seizing up due to an impingement. Jay, one of the physical therapists, does a complete bike fit. You bring your bike, get on the trainer, and he spots your knees with lasers, a computer analyzes your wattage, etc., and he scopes out everything about your position and energy output. He did look at my cleats and make adjustments to them. It's not cheap -- around $250 for a bike analysis, but it was worth every penny.

There's also a place in Mill Valley, Endurance, (https://www.enduranceptc.com/)where they do training and a computerized bike fitting based upon what they consider ideal measurements. I've been there too, and visited a coach in Sacramento who is one of the cofounders. They do a good job as well and have fitted me and several of our club members. In the long term, however, I really like having someone like Jay who can look at your position from a physical therapy standpoint. Both cost about the same.
Old 01-29-07, 01:51 AM
Yep
no cat contains

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 142 Times in 75 Posts
Thanks for the reply. Those are exactly the types of fittings I'm looking for. I'm just sure that there's a place somewhere here in Sac that does the same.
Old 01-29-07, 03:05 PM
Rushfan

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix Pro

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I've had my fitting done at Davis Wheelworks with followup sessions. It's low tech (no lasers, etc.) but has worked well for me, a recreational rider. Worth a call at least, and if they're not as in depth as you want, ask for a recommendation. Great folks, too.

https://www.daviswheelworks.com/