Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets
Reload this Page >

Sigma BC STS/ROX STS compatibility questions

Search
Notices
Electronics, Lighting, & Gadgets HRM, GPS, MP3, HID. Whether it's got an acronym or not, here's where you'll find discussions on all sorts of tools, toys and gadgets.

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-18, 03:56 PM
JohnnyCyclist
Poseur Extraordinaire

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post

Some Sigma BC computers of today (the BC 23.16, for example) use the STS (Sigma Transmission System) to communicate between speed sensor, cadence sensor, and HR chest strap. Current BC advertising material says "...using the tried-and-true STS ...". The chest strap that comes with the BC 23.16 is visually identical to one I obtained with a Sigma ROX computer years ago.

Question (1): The above would seem to indicate the new BC and old ROX speak the "same" STS language. In other words, it should be possible to use a ROX computer head with BC transmitters, and vice-versa. I'm confident of this, but can anyone confirm?

Question (2): The BC STS series has no "out front" accessory mount such as the "2450 butler" that I know is compatible with the ROX 5.0, 6.0, 8.0, 8.1, 9.0, and 9.1. Again using the BC 23.16 as an example, it also takes a 2450 battery and has the same engagement with its mount, but marketing material indicates the 23.16 is thinner than prior Sigma computers. Does anyone know if the BC STS series is compatible with the older "2450 butler" for the ROX 5.0, 6.0., ... ?

Thanks.

Last edited by JohnnyCyclist; 12-06-18 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spacing