Search
Notices
Manufacturer, Retailer, Survey and Consumer Feedback As a manufacturer or retailer, do you want opinions and feedback on your products or services? Members, do you have an open letter to publish? Here's a place for both sides of the industry to communicate. Also, surveys and Student Data Colllection projects go in here.

Buyer Beware of Worksman Cycles.

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-18, 06:27 PM
9mmlargo

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Worksman Cycles are heavy duty and have good customer service.

Worksman Cycles provides good customer service and is a fair company to deal with.

Last edited by 9mmlargo; 04-16-18 at 01:26 PM. Reason: The company did finally refund me $300.
Old 04-14-18, 06:39 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
I think the only fault of Worksman here was poor QC in shipping an incomplete bike. But they made that right.

Not to be (overly) insensitive, but if you are not capable of assembling a bike from scratch, or have never done so, then I wouldn't recommend that you try to do it. This is why bike shops don't sell customers unassembled bikes still in the box-- so they avoid the liability if and when that customer puts the bike together incorrectly and it falls apart later. I can guarantee that the fine print on the warranty says that the bike is only covered if assembled by a shop/professional. Chalk it up as a learning experience. And that axle can be recentered. A decent bike tech could fix it in a matter of minutes, most likely.
Old 04-14-18, 07:53 PM
9mmlargo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The bike did come 85 percent assembled. The wheels were on it from the factory. All I had to put on it was the seat, pedals, and handlebar.

Last edited by 9mmlargo; 04-16-18 at 01:27 PM. Reason: The company did finally refund me $300.
Old 04-14-18, 08:48 PM
travbikeman

Bikes: State 4130 Custom, Giant Trance 29

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked 182 Times in 123 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
I think the only fault of Worksman here was poor QC in shipping an incomplete bike. But they made that right.

Not to be (overly) insensitive, but if you are not capable of assembling a bike from scratch, or have never done so, then I wouldn't recommend that you try to do it. This is why bike shops don't sell customers unassembled bikes still in the box-- so they avoid the liability if and when that customer puts the bike together incorrectly and it falls apart later. I can guarantee that the fine print on the warranty says that the bike is only covered if assembled by a shop/professional. Chalk it up as a learning experience. And that axle can be recentered. A decent bike tech could fix it in a matter of minutes, most likely.
I agree with this. The OP would have most likely received the similar responses from Nashbar, BikesDirect and others with a similar issue. Many on this forum have greatly suggested to people to still have a LBS check out the bike from the above sellers.
Old 04-14-18, 09:10 PM
cb400bill
Forum Moderator

Bikes: Fuji SL2.1 Carbon Di2 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 4 Trek Checkpoint ALR-5 Viscount Aerospace Pro Colnago Classic Rabobank Schwinn Waterford PMount Raleigh C50 Cromoly Hybrid Legnano Tipo Roma Pista

Mentioned: 58 Post(s)
Quoted: 3085 Post(s)
Liked 6,566 Times in 3,764 Posts
Thread moved from Clydes and Athenas forum to Mfg Feedback forum.
Old 04-15-18, 09:39 PM
TrojanHorse
SuperGimp

Bikes: Specialized Roubaix

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 64 Times in 47 Posts
Originally Posted by 9mmlargo
Worksman bikes are not worth the high purchase price
OK, it's $419 for the bike. Not..... a high purchase price. Also, they're industrial bikes, not really consumer oriented.
Old 04-15-18, 10:20 PM
DrIsotope
Non omnino gravis

Bikes: Nekobasu, Pandicorn, Lakitu

Mentioned: 119 Post(s)
Quoted: 4905 Post(s)
Liked 1,731 Times in 958 Posts
I saw that, but didn't wanna be the one to say it. My power meter, on clearance, cost more than that whole bike. We all have different thresholds.

I think the one with the internal hub is a little more.
Old 04-15-18, 11:00 PM
Kontact 

Mentioned: 41 Post(s)
Quoted: 4340 Post(s)
Liked 1,528 Times in 997 Posts
I don't know if I would agree that Workman "made it right". The OP had to do a lot of extra labor and waiting, and the only thing they offered him is a credit to buy the scant offerings of their online store.

https://www.worksmancycles.com/accessories.html

I am sympathetic. This is the kind of situation that would cause me to tell them to come pick up their bike.
Old 04-16-18, 01:29 PM
9mmlargo

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Update to all. Today I got an email from Worksman that they are going to refund me $300. This covers my aggravation and time. As a man of my word I am retracting my negative reviews of this company. Take care all.