Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fifty Plus (50+) > Pills and Ills
Reload this Page >

Released off Plavix!

Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

Released off Plavix!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-18, 01:33 PM
JLDickmon
dollar-store reject

Bikes: one big fat wad of classic Cannondale mtb's

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked 33 Times in 21 Posts
Released off Plavix!

Six years later, my Cardiologist has given me the green light to stop taking Plavix.
He said, "as long as you've stuck to your diet, (which has been a year next week) I think you can throw what's left in the commode."

Made me feel pretty good, as I have lost 55lbs, and only missed I think 4 weekly workout sessions in that year.
Bought the Raleigh a couple months after getting work done, have increased my mileage every year, except 2017 when I backslid. BAD.
Quadrupled the amount of miles I've ridden over 2016, thanks to the discovery of this thing called a 'Cannondale'
Now to quadruple that..

Last edited by JLDickmon; 12-27-18 at 12:35 PM.
Old 12-19-18, 10:19 AM
308jerry

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked 129 Times in 88 Posts
Two years after my incident my new cardiologist told me that I was no longer needing to take Plavix My first cardiologist moved on. Great times are ahead for you and your new passion for life. Keep up the good work and enjoy every second on the bike... ..
Old 12-19-18, 12:45 PM
OldTryGuy

Bikes: Day6 Semi Recumbent "FIREBALL", 1981 Custom Touring Paramount, 1983 Road Paramount, 2013 Giant Propel Advanced SL3, 2018 Specialized Red Roubaix Expert mech., 2002 Magna 7sp hybrid, 1976 Bassett Racing 45sp Cruiser

Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 1068 Post(s)
Liked 780 Times in 502 Posts
Congratulations to both of you. x 2