Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fitting Your Bike
Reload this Page >

Eddy Merckx SanRemo 76 Sizing

Notices
Fitting Your Bike Are you confused about how you should fit a bike to your particular body dimensions? Have you been reading, found the terms Merxx or French Fit, and don’t know what you need? Every style of riding is different- in how you fit the bike to you, and the sizing of the bike itself. It’s more than just measuring your height, reach and inseam. With the help of Bike Fitting, you’ll be able to find the right fit for your frame size, style of riding, and your particular dimensions. Here ya’ go…..the location for everything fit related.

Old 07-25-19, 10:59 AM
heyitsme

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I'm in the market for a new bike and I'm really fond of the looks of the Merckx SanRemo 76, but I'm a bit perplexed by the sizing. I'm not the most in tune with sizing specs and geometry, so some guidance here would be appreciated.

For a brief background, I'm 6'3" with a 35.25" inseam.

I currently have a 60 size 2015 Cannondale SuperSix Evo 105 with specs of:

Top Tube: 590
Stack: 596
Reach: 402

I fit pretty comfortably on this bike.

In the size I'm thinking I'd need a L or XL for the Merckx SanRemo 76 which have geometry specs of:

L
Top Tube: 554
Stack: 389
Reach: 555

XL
Top Tube: 573
Stack: 397
Reach: 574

Why are stack and reach almost flipped on the Merckx? Is this common? Are the specs incorrect? If not, can someone help me out with sizing and let me know how these differences may impact ride, comfort, etc. on the bike?

Thank you in advance!
Old 07-25-19, 03:31 PM
Brian25

Bikes: Road, mountain and track bikes and tandems.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
A 57. 3 cm top tube for someone 6'- 3" is really really, really, really short. I am 9" shorter and typically have ridden road bikewith a 52- 53 top tube. I would not recommend anything shorter than a 60 cm top tube, and likely with a 130- 140 cm stem.
Old 07-25-19, 03:37 PM
Brian25

Bikes: Road, mountain and track bikes and tandems.

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked 18 Times in 15 Posts
Impact on comfort; The reach will be so short that I think that your knees will hurt from hitting the handlebars.
Old 07-25-19, 04:11 PM
heyitsme

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
After browsing elsewhere online, I think the geometry for reach and stack on the Eddy Merckx site are flip-flopped. They have to be.

They don't seem to make anything bigger than the XL, so would you recommend avoided this brand because of top-tube length? Is a 1.7cm difference between my current bike and it really going to make a huge impact?
Old 07-31-19, 01:55 PM
alandmor

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Originally Posted by heyitsme
After browsing elsewhere online, I think the geometry for reach and stack on the Eddy Merckx site are flip-flopped. They have to be.

They don't seem to make anything bigger than the XL, so would you recommend avoided this brand because of top-tube length? Is a 1.7cm difference between my current bike and it really going to make a huge impact?
I have an EM Mourenx 69 and the stack and reach according to the sticker on the frame are:

stack = 589
reach = 384

so yes, it does look like the numbers are transposed.
Old 12-23-19, 07:55 PM
RaylComp

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Question for alandmor (or anyone else who may know)
I just bought a used Mourenx 69, but can’t find the torque value for the seat post clamp fastener on the frame. Do you happen to know the value?

thanks for you time

Sam