Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Tandem Cycling
Reload this Page >

custom frame bag

Notices
Tandem Cycling A bicycle built for two. Want to find out more about this wonderful world of tandems? Check out this forum to talk with other tandem enthusiasts. Captains and stokers welcome!

custom frame bag

Old 06-28-20, 09:26 AM
IPassGas

Bikes: Schwinn, Nishiki, Santana, Trek, Rodriguez

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked 106 Times in 69 Posts
custom frame bag

We made a new frame bag for our tandem.

Likes For IPassGas:
Old 06-29-20, 10:06 AM
tkramer
TKramer

Bikes: Paketa V2r, Co-motion Equator Co-pilot, Bingham BUILT. tandem

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Nice integration with the frame!
Is that a Rodriguez? Or maybe Bilenky, given your PA location?

I just noticed the trillium decal on stoker's downtube, The double mitred diagonal at stoker's BB was also a clue that it's a Rodriguez.

Last edited by tkramer; 06-29-20 at 10:09 AM.
Old 06-29-20, 12:45 PM
IPassGas

Originally Posted by tkramer
Nice integration with the frame!
Is that a Rodriguez? Or maybe Bilenky, given your PA location?

I just noticed the trillium decal on stoker's downtube, The double mitred diagonal at stoker's BB was also a clue that it's a Rodriguez.
Yes Rodriguez, wow, you know tandems!
Old 06-30-20, 02:39 PM
CaliTexan

Bikes: 2019 Co-Motion Carrera (S&S) / 1998 Litespeed Tuscany / 2014 Wilier Zero 7

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 14 Times in 8 Posts
We had the stoker compartment frame bag custom made; the others were off-the shelf. They give a lot of flexibility for 2-3 day trips.

Likes For CaliTexan:
Old 06-30-20, 05:58 PM
tkramer
TKramer

Bikes: Paketa V2r, Co-motion Equator Co-pilot, Bingham BUILT. tandem

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Hey, there's a Bilenky! Now I know that he favors the forward-the-BBs coupler placement, like Co-motion.

We visited Rodriguez a few years back on a San Juan Islands trip. Stayed in Seattle for a couple of days and rode around. We took the factory tour and hung around talking bikes. We also bought some jerseys and accessories. We saw a lot of Rodriguez riders everywhere we went. On the Seattle streets and ferries, in Anacortes, out on the islands. They have a solid following in the region but I'm surprised when one shows up far afield, only two that I know of here in SanDiego - both tandems. Likewise, the owner is surprised I've heard of Rodriguez.
Old 07-01-20, 06:42 AM
IPassGas

Originally Posted by tkramer
Hey, there's a Bilenky! Now I know that he favors the forward-the-BBs coupler placement, like Co-motion.

We visited Rodriguez a few years back on a San Juan Islands trip. Stayed in Seattle for a couple of days and rode around. We took the factory tour and hung around talking bikes. We also bought some jerseys and accessories. We saw a lot of Rodriguez riders everywhere we went. On the Seattle streets and ferries, in Anacortes, out on the islands. They have a solid following in the region but I'm surprised when one shows up far afield, only two that I know of here in SanDiego - both tandems. Likewise, the owner is surprised I've heard of Rodriguez.
We bought a Rodriguez for one of the reasons you mentioned, the integrated/mitered diagonal tube with the stoker's BB. We were concerned about stoker flex when heavily loaded with camping gear. The frame is great, no flex when standing uphill with full gear or at higher speeds. We also wanted a Rohloff and Rodriguez has payed attention to many frame details specific to Rohloff. We toured the San Juans and the peninsula in 2018 when we bought the bike, very nice, esp. Lopez. We actually made the bag ourselves.