Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Electric Bikes
Reload this Page >

Introduce yourself and your ride :)

Notices
Electric Bikes Here's a place to discuss ebikes, from home grown to high-tech.

Old 04-09-21, 04:30 AM
alexaben

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I live in new york and my go to electric scooter these days is the segway smart self-balancing electric scooter I sold my Kaabo Mantis a couple of months back and that was my other suburbanite.its very easy to use and its ride is awesome
Old 04-09-21, 06:54 AM
klevin

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 6 Posts
71 year old with poor exercise tolerance here, living in SW New Hampshire, where everything is hilly. Just bought a Trek Allant 8s. Spouse still rides a conventional bike. Last year she'd leave me in the dust going up hills. Not this year...wonder how long it will be before she goes electric too? At least the bike shortage will slow that conversion down.

The ebike brings back some of the joy of touring. Locally the secondary roads are lightly travelled and twisty enough that vehicles don't go that fast so we have a lot of great rides if someone can handle the hills. We're a land of low mountains, forests, lakes and wetlands with lots of small villages each of which has a general store for refreshments!
Old 04-09-21, 07:49 AM
andychrist
Devil's Advocate

Bikes: Fuji Del Rey, Bacchetta Giro 20, RANS Stratus XP XL, RANS Stratus XP XXL, RANS Stratus LE XL

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked 50 Times in 38 Posts
Please don’t feed the spambots.
Old 04-12-21, 03:00 AM
Hide

Bikes: SHOCK LIT-Quick

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I am a photography enthusiast, I often use my ebike(SHOCK LIT-Quick) for street photography in the city.
Old 05-05-21, 11:09 AM
Old Rick

Bikes: Specialized Turbo Creo SL

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by klevin
71 year old with poor exercise tolerance here, living in SW New Hampshire, where everything is hilly. Just bought a Trek Allant 8s. Spouse still rides a conventional bike. Last year she'd leave me in the dust going up hills. Not this year...wonder how long it will be before she goes electric too? At least the bike shortage will slow that conversion down.

The ebike brings back some of the joy of touring. Locally the secondary roads are lightly travelled and twisty enough that vehicles don't go that fast so we have a lot of great rides if someone can handle the hills. We're a land of low mountains, forests, lakes and wetlands with lots of small villages each of which has a general store for refreshments!
I'm 75 years old and I know the feeling when the legs are starting to give out. I should say, they have already given out especially on the hills and headwinds. I bought a Specialized Turbo Creo SL e-bike in June of 2020 and it has brought back the fun of cycling. When the road is flat and light wind I just set the power at 35%. That little boost is all I need. Only on very steep hills do I use full power. The one thing I like is I don't worry about how far from home I get or which way the wind is blowing because I know I can always get back. I think that all cyclist should consider an e-bike when they get older like us.