Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Securing pump to bottle cage

Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Old 05-20-20, 09:24 AM
Askeptic

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Has anyone seen anything that allows for a small pump to be secured using the bottle cage screws but in a low profile? I see plenty of devices that allow for both the bottle cage and pump to be secured using the frame screws, but nothing that solely focuses on just the pump.

I run a single bottle only and want to leverage the second bottle location for a pump only and all the accessories I find try to accomplish both pushing the pump off to the side. Anything out there that simply mounts the pump to the bottle cage location parallel with the bike frame? (Like the bottle would be if used for a water bottle)
Old 05-20-20, 09:37 AM
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Bikes: 08 Specialized Crosstrail Sport, 05 Sirrus Comp

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 202 Post(s)
Liked 86 Times in 60 Posts
bicycle air pump bracket - pump that into your search engine, and shop away!
Old 05-20-20, 09:42 AM
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

https://www.topeak.com/global/en/products/pumps
Likes For Wanderer:
Old 05-20-20, 10:30 AM
Askeptic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanderer
bicycle air pump bracket - pump that into your search engine, and shop away!
Thanks, looks like I can get the Topeak Road Morph bracket to accomplish what I am looking for... Hard to find true dimensions though to ensure it will fit my pump as it is made for Topeak's pump.

Crazy how hard it is to find a basic mount that replaces the water bottle and keeps the pump in line with the bike rather than holding it out to the side.
Old 05-20-20, 10:47 AM
GlennR
On Your Left

Bikes: Trek Emonda SLR, Sram eTap, Zipp 303

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Quoted: 3004 Post(s)
Liked 2,433 Times in 1,187 Posts
I have one of these on my CX bike.

Likes For GlennR:
Old 05-20-20, 02:25 PM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3646 Post(s)
Liked 5,377 Times in 2,729 Posts
Originally Posted by Askeptic
Crazy how hard it is to find a basic mount that replaces the water bottle and keeps the pump in line with the bike rather than holding it out to the side.
Probably because many/most riders often need more than one bottle. Definitely will look tidier!
Likes For shelbyfv:
Old 05-20-20, 02:49 PM
Wanderer
aka Phil Jungels

Thanks, looks like I can get the Topeak Road Morph bracket to accomplish what I am looking for... Hard to find true dimensions though to ensure it will fit my pump as it is made for Topeak's pump.

They have the exact bracket you need for your specific pump. Center mount or side mount.
Old 05-20-20, 04:07 PM
Askeptic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Wanderer
They have the exact bracket you need for your specific pump. Center mount or side mount.
I hate to ask you to hold my hand for me... but do you mind linking me a center mount bracket for a pump with a 2" diameter? I went to the link you provided but do not see brackets.

The closest thing I could find was a bracket made for the Morph, however that is for a pump with a 1" diameter.
Old 05-20-20, 04:56 PM
masi61

Bikes: Puch Marco Polo, Saint Tropez, Masi Gran Criterium

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quoted: 1163 Post(s)
Liked 441 Times in 314 Posts
The Road Morph comes with that center mount bracket in the box. I have 3 of them I'm not using. I had to buy the side winder bottle cage mount that I prefer individually from Topeak. Topeak has good customer service BTW, you can call the company and they will charge you a small fee for the bracket you desire.
Likes For masi61:
Old 05-20-20, 04:57 PM
Askeptic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by masi61
The Road Morph comes with that center mount bracket in the box. I have 3 of them I'm not using. I had to buy the side winder bottle cage mount that I prefer individually from Topeak. Topeak has good customer service BTW, you can call the company and they will charge you a small fee for the bracket you desire.
Thanks man! I will give that a shot. Good idea.
Old 05-20-20, 08:08 PM
biker128pedal

Bikes: 2022 Fuel EX 8, 2021 Domane SL6, Black Beta (Nashbar frame), 2004 Trek 1000C for the trainer

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked 447 Times in 266 Posts
I hate to ask you to hold my hand for me... but do you mind linking me a center mount bracket for a pump with a 2" diameter? I went to the link you provided but do not see brackets.

The closest thing I could find was a bracket made for the Morph, however that is for a pump with a 1" diameter.
2” diameter. The mountain morph bracket may fit.
Likes For biker128pedal:
Old 05-21-20, 12:27 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
To the OP.

Did your pump come with a mounting bracket? If so can you not drill new holes so it can mount in the center and then you can cut off the unwanted section?

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man:
Old 05-21-20, 12:50 PM
Askeptic

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Miele Man
To the OP.

Did your pump come with a mounting bracket? If so can you not drill new holes so it can mount in the center and then you can cut off the unwanted section?

Cheers
Very good point. It did come with a bracket. I could do this along with a few slits for a fabric strap if push comes to shove.

The pump arrived today, and not sure why I did not think of this earlier .. but while the manufacture said " 2 inch diameter" it is really .63 inches (~16.18mm). They listed the circumference as the diameter, and if I were paying attention I would of realized a 2" diameter would be a ridiculous pump. So I think this also helps a lot in that the mini morph bracket from Topek looks like it will now fit pretty good. They sell these bracket kits super cheap to.