Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum
Reload this Page >

Any recommendation for spin bike upgrade?

Search
Notices
Indoor & Stationary Cycling Forum From spin to Zwift to Peloton, this forum is dedicated to any and all indoor training on stationary bikes

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-21, 07:14 AM
amir_hmn2002

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Hi everyone

I am looking to change my spin bike, and I was hoping someone could give me some advice here. I am currently using the JLL IC300 PRO, and I've been using it for almost a year now. I do regular HIIT exercise (min 3 times a week), so it's not just a coat hanger.
Despite all the good reviews on this bike and saying its one of the top ones, you can get I haven't been entirely happy with this bike. Since I had it one of the bearings on the wheel has become faulty, making a horrendous noise, so not as durable as they say.
However, the main reason I am looking to change this bike is low max resistance. The bike has 20kg belt-driven flywheel which I thought would be enough, but I'm always at max resistance, and I don't feel its enough. The max resistance on this bike is equivalent to 60% of max resistance of spin bikes I used in the gyms. I have even opened it to see if I can increase the resistance by putting a bigger magnet, but couldn't find compatible parts.
The second reason is even tho you have a lot of information on the computer; I can't fix it to show me the cadence number without changing (this is what I mainly use in my classes). So ideally something with a better computer. It would be great if it has a power meter pedals as well.
I was looking at Peloton, but £2000 is just too expensive. I was hoping to find something around £500.
Any help would highly be appreciated.

Regards,
Amir
Old 01-10-21, 04:05 PM
coffeesnob

Bikes: Trek DS 8.3 - cannondale M500

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 2634 Post(s)
Liked 141 Times in 82 Posts
stages?
Old 01-11-21, 07:57 AM
amir_hmn2002

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
They seem to be good but they are out of my budget
Old 01-14-21, 04:59 PM
rumble b

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
The Peloton is bullet proof. Maybe you can find one used?
Old 03-23-21, 01:07 PM
onecf

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Echelon is comparable to Peloton, but without the price tag. It's in the range you're looking for.