Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

Gran Compe AGC Slotted Levers w/ Fresh Hoods

Search
Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-21, 10:49 AM
deux jambes

Mentioned: 64 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 535 Post(s)
Liked 346 Times in 196 Posts

Here for sale: Pair of AGC levers I’m very good condition, fitted with Dia-Compe hoods which were purchased NOS and have only seen a handful of use since.

Levers have 24.0mm clamps. Left lever has very minor nicks at upper left edge. Right lever appears free from blemishes.

Hoods are supple and free from any damage. Could use a light soap & water cleaning.

$33 shipped SOLD

Paypal F&F or add 3% for G&S

Last edited by deux jambes; 03-05-21 at 09:22 AM.
Old 03-03-21, 10:50 AM
deux jambes

Old 03-03-21, 05:58 PM
jdawginsc 
Edumacator

Bikes: '87 Crestdale, '87 Basso Gap, '92 Rossin Performance EL-OS, 1990 VanTuyl, 1980s Losa, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 1987 PX10, etc...

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 2434 Post(s)
Liked 3,108 Times in 1,957 Posts
I remember drooling over those when they first came out. Very cool.
1987 Crest Cannondale, 1987 Basso Gap, 1992 Rossin Performance EL, 1990ish Van Tuyl, 1985 Trek 670, 1982 AD SLE, 2003 Pinarello Surprise, 1990ish MBK Atlantique, 1987 Peugeot Competition, 1987 Nishiki Tri-A, 1981 Faggin, 1996 Cannondale M500, 1984 Mercian, 1982 AD SuperLeicht, 1985 Massi (model unknown), 1988 Daccordi Griffe , 1989 Fauxsin MTB, 1981 Ciocc Mockba, 1992 Bianchi Giro, 1977 Colnago Super

Old 03-03-21, 09:36 PM
Senior Ryder 00 
Old bikes, Older guy

Bikes: A few modern, Several vintage, All ridden when weather allows.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 114 Posts
Wow, those would go nicely with my Royal Compe calipers, I just need an applicable drive train & frame!
Something to think about.
Cheers,
Van
Old 03-04-21, 04:43 PM
deux jambes

I’ve been asked if these levers come with ferrules for cable. So here a pic of the cable housing attaching point. If there is something missing here then I’m unaware of what that would be.

Old 03-04-21, 09:49 PM
Senior Ryder 00 
Old bikes, Older guy

Bikes: A few modern, Several vintage, All ridden when weather allows.

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 250 Post(s)
Liked 165 Times in 114 Posts
FYI, this model uses a special ferrule that has a rounded tip & is about twice as thick as a regular one. The cable tends to bind if it is not used. It often is stuck to the housing when they are removed.
Good luck,
Van
Old 03-04-21, 10:03 PM
deux jambes

Originally Posted by Senior Ryder 00
FYI, this model uses a special ferrule that has a rounded tip & is about twice as thick as a regular one. The cable tends to bind if it is not used. It often is stuck to the housing when they are removed.
Good luck,
Van
Interesting. Thank you for the info. I had no idea these levers used a special ferrule. I'll consider myself lucky that I never had them bind on me.
Old 03-04-21, 10:18 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 919 Post(s)
Liked 745 Times in 546 Posts
were these the levers you used on your eisentraut build?
Old 03-04-21, 10:28 PM
deux jambes

Originally Posted by thook
were these the levers you used on your eisentraut build?
Good eye! These are them.
Old 03-04-21, 10:33 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Bikes: '83 univega gran turismo x2, '85 schwinn super le tour,'89 miyata triple cross, '91 GT tequesta, '90 yokota grizzly peak, '94 GT backwoods, '95'ish scott tampico, '98 bonty privateer, '93 mongoose crossway 625, '98 parkpre ariel, 2k'ish giant fcr3

Originally Posted by deux jambes
Good eye! These are them.
well, that build is rather lust worthy in mine eyes

what made you decide to change out and to what?...if i may ask? they looked really good on there

oh, and i don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade?
Old 03-04-21, 10:52 PM
deux jambes

well, that build is rather lust worthy in mine eyes

what made you decide to change out and to what?...if i may ask? they looked really good on there

oh, and i don't suppose you'd be interested in a trade?
The Eisentraut is currently torn down. I’m contemplating selling it actually.

I’d consider trading the levers for something, but I’m not in too great a need for much. I’m currently building a Trek and would love to throw a pair of Superbe levers on it. Got a pair of those perhaps? Maybe a Campy downtube cable guide? Benotto bar tape in a dark color?
Old 03-04-21, 11:55 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

i don't have any superbe levers. i do have some dura ace aero levers. they're not quite as clean as your GC's, though. i have other bits....like some BL derailleurs/shifters, cyclone mkII derailleurs, and some other stuff

as for the campy guide, do you mean housing stop or a guide for cables at the downtube/bottom bracket junction? i have the latter
Old 03-05-21, 01:24 AM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 964 Post(s)
Liked 1,451 Times in 723 Posts
oh wat the heck, I'll take 'em and pay cash if @thook hasn't effectively called dibs. That's a great price.
Old 03-05-21, 01:31 AM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

@scarlson go for it, man
Old 03-05-21, 09:04 AM
TrashBoat

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
I'm interested but I can't PM because I have less than 10 posts. Is there anything we can work out?
Old 03-05-21, 09:20 AM
deux jambes

Originally Posted by scarlson
oh wat the heck, I'll take 'em and pay cash if @thook hasn't effectively called dibs. That's a great price.
@scarlson go for it, man
Here’s where I realized that I F’d up.

I was sent a PM earlier in the day yesterday by someone expressing interest in the levers. They asked if the ferrules were included. I posted a pic here of the housing entry point as I was unaware of proprietary ferrules. Another member clarified that the ferrules were missing.

The interested party then sent a second PM asking if I’d come down on the price. I immediately agreed and shot them an offer. I didn’t here back.

About an hour later, thook posted here and mentioned trade. We start tossing ideas around. I went to bed.

I woke up and found that the person initially interested has accepted my lowered price. I also see that scarlson has offered to buy at my original asking price.

At the time of writing there is even a forth person now interested.

The whole thing is a mess, and it’s my fault. I should not have talked trade with thook. I should have edited the post to “sale pending” upon negotiations with the first person.

Anyhow, that person has legitimately purchased the levers as of this morning. My apologies to all for my lack of transparency.
Likes For deux jambes:
Old 03-05-21, 01:06 PM
noobinsf 

Bikes: '82 Univega Competizione, '72 Motobecane Grand Record, '83 Mercian KOM Touring, '85 Univega Alpina Uno, '76 Eisentraut Limited

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Quoted: 1088 Post(s)
Liked 1,205 Times in 701 Posts
I hope folks are taking it easy on you. You have a lot of stuff posted, and I know it's hard to keep track when you have a lot of different interested parties and you're not a high volume seller. I am not a high volume seller. FWIW, I have had a couple of transactions with deux_jambes, and the experience has always been very easy, honest, and positive.
Old 03-05-21, 01:56 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

I was sent a PM earlier in the day yesterday by someone expressing interest in the levers. They asked if the ferrules were included. I posted a pic here of the housing entry point as I was unaware of proprietary ferrules. Another member clarified that the ferrules were missing.

The interested party then sent a second PM asking if I’d come down on the price. I immediately agreed and shot them an offer. I didn’t here back.

About an hour later, thook posted here and mentioned trade. We start tossing ideas around. I went to bed.

I woke up and found that the person initially interested has accepted my lowered price. I also see that scarlson has offered to buy at my original asking price.

The whole thing is a mess, and it’s my fault. I should not have talked trade with thook. I should have edited the post to “sale pending” upon negotiations with the first person.

Anyhow, that person has legitimately purchased the levers as of this morning. My apologies to all for my lack of transparency.
well, fwiw, my undies aren't in a twist over it, so...it's just fine
Old 03-05-21, 03:40 PM
clubman 
Phyllo-buster

Bikes: roadsters, club bikes, fixed and classic

Mentioned: 133 Post(s)
Quoted: 2297 Post(s)
Liked 2,047 Times in 1,253 Posts
So I've got a set of these levers and looked up AGC ferrules and I'm freaking out because I found them listed in Walmarts inventory.
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Dia-Compe...of-10/32306805
We don't understand this in Canada. Walmart has no redeeming qualities north of the 49th.
Old 03-05-21, 04:33 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

Originally Posted by clubman
So I've got a set of these levers and looked up AGC ferrules and I'm freaking out because I found them listed in Walmarts inventory.
We don't understand this in Canada. Walmart has no redeeming qualities north of the 49th.
here in northwest arkansas, home of walmart corp in bentonville, they have none here, either. at least not by anyone who has some social ethics
Likes For thook:
Old 03-05-21, 05:13 PM
scarlson 

Bikes: Ron Cooper touring, 1959 Jack Taylor 650b ladyback touring tandem, Vitus 979, Joe Bell painted Claud Butler Dalesman, Colin Laing curved tube tandem, heavily-Dilberted 1982 Trek 6xx, René Herse tandem

Originally Posted by clubman
And here I thought I was going to have to machine one for the pair I have which is missing one.. What a relief!

well, fwiw, my undies aren't in a twist over it, so...it's just fine
Mine neither!!
Old 03-05-21, 07:40 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,178 Times in 1,182 Posts

Originally Posted by TrashBoat
I'm interested but I can't PM because I have less than 10 posts. Is there anything we can work out?
@scarlson go for it, man
Hey Guys,
I bought the levers and did not see the posts this morning, I only read my emails and off to work so if anyone wants them and they haven't been sent off yet feel free to contact Matt OR if he has sent them and you still want them, email me and we'll work it out.....No dust-up or blame for an honest mistake, they're only parts and if someone really needs them let me know and I will get them to you.
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Likes For xiaoman1:
Old 03-05-21, 07:44 PM
thook
(rhymes with spook)

@xiaoman1 why not keep them? you've already paid, right? you had first dibs, so rightfully (or whatever)...uh...they're yours. otoh, if you want someone else to have them, @scarlson wants them more than i, it would seem. heck...i was only interested in a trade. i ain't got no money anyhow....ha
Old 03-05-21, 08:21 PM
scarlson 

Originally Posted by xiaoman1
Hey Guys,
I bought the levers and did not see the posts this morning, I only read my emails and off to work so if anyone wants them and they haven't been sent off yet feel free to contact Matt OR if he has sent them and you still want them, email me and we'll work it out.....No dust-up or blame for an honest mistake, they're only parts and if someone really needs them let me know and I will get them to you.
Best, Ben
@xiaoman1 why not keep them? you've already paid, right? you had first dibs, so rightfully (or whatever)...uh...they're yours. otoh, if you want someone else to have them, @scarlson wants them more than i, it would seem. heck...i was only interested in a trade. i ain't got no money anyhow....ha
Ha!! This thread is reminding me of a four-way stop in Vermont! It's all "You go!!" "No, you go!" "No, I insist, after you!"
It is one of the reasons I love this forum.

But as I mentioned, I have already a set of these levers, missing one ferrule, so I'll buy them from Walmart it appears. Really what you've done is save me from hoarding! I should be thanking ya.

And those ARE supercool levers. Enjoy them!!
Old 03-05-21, 08:36 PM
xiaoman1 

Bikes: A few too many

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1364 Post(s)
Liked 2,178 Times in 1,182 Posts
Ha!! This thread is reminding me of a four-way stop in Vermont! It's all "You go!!" "No, you go!" "No, I insist, after you!"
It is one of the reasons I love this forum.

But as I mentioned, I have already a set of these levers, missing one ferrule, so I'll buy them from Walmart it appears. Really what you've done is save me from hoarding! I should be thanking ya.

And those ARE supercool levers. Enjoy them!!
Just do not want any hard feelings towards Matt for this, no one's fault...no big deal to me either way....if all's is good then great if not shoot me an email. I want to always do the right thing.
Best, Ben

Voice recognition may sometimes create odd spelling and grammatical errors

Likes For xiaoman1:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.