Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Mountain Biking
Reload this Page >

SR Suntor XCT Adjustment

Notices
Mountain Biking Mountain biking is one of the fastest growing sports in the world. Check out this forum to discuss the latest tips, tricks, gear and equipment in the world of mountain biking.

SR Suntor XCT Adjustment

Old 03-16-21, 09:04 PM
milesf

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
SR Suntor XCT Adjustment

I have a crappy SR Suntour XCT coil fork and I was wondering if there was any easy way to make it less hard (idk the terminology, don't kill me) since right now I'm not even using half of if, and every bump bucks me. I have also found that the preload knob changes absloutley nothing about the fork, is that just me being stupid, or is it just a placebo knob?
Old 03-17-21, 06:14 AM
prj71

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 2975 Post(s)
Liked 1,178 Times in 769 Posts
Originally Posted by milesf
I have a crappy SR Suntour XCT coil fork and I was wondering if there was any easy way to make it less hard (idk the terminology, don't kill me) since right now I'm not even using half of if, and every bump bucks me. I have also found that the preload knob changes absloutley nothing about the fork, is that just me being stupid, or is it just a placebo knob?
The cheapest Rockshox fork is better than anything made by Suntour. I would start there. Rockshox Recon or Reba.
Likes For prj71:
Old 03-20-21, 03:34 PM
DMC707

Bikes: Too many to list

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 1765 Post(s)
Liked 1,124 Times in 746 Posts
Originally Posted by milesf

contact suntour and see if they have a lighter weight spring option for you. Might not be that hard to swap. I literally just googled “suntour xct coil replacement spring”

https://www.bikeinn.com/bike/sr-sunt...E&gclsrc=aw.ds