Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Commuting
Reload this Page >

Can't Get What You Wanted

Search
Notices
Commuting Bicycle commuting is easier than you think, before you know it, you'll be hooked. Learn the tips, hints, equipment, safety requirements for safely riding your bike to work.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-21, 04:58 PM
Colorado Kid

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 358 Post(s)
Liked 136 Times in 82 Posts

Will the large container still stuck in the Mideast, everything is getting backed up. I went to my LBS and they were out of a lot of basic thing. (tubes etc.) I tried some of the mail order places and the same story there. Stocks of Brooks saddles are in short supply along with most other things. Empty container needed to ship stuff to the US are being held up because of the backlog. The bottom line, better get what you need now. It could take awhile for this to be over. Has anyone seen the low stock of your LBS or mail order company?
Old 03-28-21, 11:51 PM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
It’s been like this for going on a year. The dollar has weakened and the tariffs are still in effect, on top of the bike industry and shipping running at capacity. The OEM’s are getting fulfilled first, and marking up their products.

The guy who runs Bikes Direct has been posting about it on MTBR... he’s a little disingenuous (“I hear your LBS may start to charge assembly fees” for example) but he’s clearly feeling the pinch.

The Suez colonoscopy surely won’t help but I doubt it’s caused any shortages yet unless a few people are hoarding inner tubes like they did toilet paper.
Genesis 49:16-17
Old 03-29-21, 07:33 AM
pdlamb

Bikes: Fuji Touring, Novara Randonee

Mentioned: 36 Post(s)
Quoted: 2603 Post(s)
Liked 1,926 Times in 1,209 Posts
I doubt the Suez Canal blockage is impacting deliveries to the U.S.A. There's this straight shot from India-China-Japan-South Korea to the U.S. called the Pacific Ocean. And if you want something shipped from Europe, it'll come straight across the Atlantic. Once they get to the U.S., container trains get them across the country with predictable speed.
Old 03-29-21, 08:15 AM
timdow
Miles to Go

Bikes: 2022 Juiced Crosscurrent X, 2022 Fuji Touring, 1998 Schwinn Moab (drop bar conversion), 2010 LHT (Stolen)

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 151 Post(s)
Liked 145 Times in 95 Posts
I have been selling off the stuff I don't need. Good time for that - Everything is getting snapped up fast!
Old 03-30-21, 02:39 PM
Difficultocelot

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Covid has been hurting everyone. Increased demanded and diminished supply. It sucks =(