Search
Notices
Pills and Ills This is a discussion subforum for the health challenges faced by riders 50+. These discussions are in no way to be considered professional medical advice.

My Turn

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-18, 01:20 PM
jppe
Let's do a Century

Bikes: Cervelo R3 Disc, Pinarello Prince/Campy SR; Cervelo R3/Sram Red; Trek 5900/Duraace, Lynskey GR260 Ultegra

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 651 Post(s)
Liked 879 Times in 408 Posts
Great news!! Good for you. A nice way to close out 2018.
Old 12-14-18, 07:00 PM
bobwysiwyg

Bikes: Mongoose Selous, Trek DS

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 941 Post(s)
Liked 319 Times in 189 Posts
Originally Posted by Biker395
I was kind of on the fence about it, but when I was advised to take an antibiotic before a teeth cleaning, I was reminded why I want to get it out. You never know when you might get a serious infection (I've known a few people who have) and in those cases, it's better to have the hardware out so infections don't settle in there.
Wow, I'm carrying a small hardware store in my left femur from two years ago. I too was told it was up to me to remove or not to remove. Surgeon would do it if was causing any issues. It's not and never has, but no one ever mentioned increased risk of infection. I'll definitely follow-up on that.