Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Schwinn Super Sport year

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Schwinn Super Sport year

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-07, 01:56 PM
roadsport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Schwinn Super Sport year

Hi,

I am looking for more information about a used Schwinn Super Sport I just picked up - I thought it was from around 2000 but now I am not sure.

It has Shimano RX100 components with STI shifting (on the brake levers). The levers say RSX, so I suppose that is a lower component group for that part. The paint is all red with black lettering. It has 700x23 wheels.

Is there any way to track down more information about this bike? I know with other brands there are extensive resources online (like vintage trek).

Also one lever/hood has been pushed so it is a bit crooked (maybe banged up a little). It works fine, but I am having the handlebars re-wrapped - will it be a major problem for them to straighten that out too??

I do not have any pictures of it yet, but I can take some if needed to help identify. Is there a serial number somewhere that would give a clue?

I would really appreciate any info as I am trying to make sure it is a good investment as an "around town lockable" bike before I go all out on a new one if needed.

Any idea on the value of this bike would be helpful too - Just needs a new chain for sure, but in decent shape so I was wondering what the value is (was probably only around 700 new as an entry level Schwinn).

Thanks!
Old 07-27-07, 06:29 PM
roadsport

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
bump...anyone?

Even a reference to somewhere else (in the forums) or a link to where to continue looking?

Any ideas about the crooked shifter/lever being a problem to correct?? Curious if I could buy the older RSX or RX100 components if I wanted to replace anything with the same level components too.

Again any info would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance.