Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

Parra x Colossi -- Columbus SL

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-16, 09:17 AM
icepick_trotsky 
Aspiring curmudgeon

Bikes: Guerciotti, Serotta, Gaulzetti

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 111 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 13 Posts

I came across this on the Radavist. Colossi will sell you a custom geometry lugged Columbus SL frameset for $1365, which really isn't a bad price for custom. Cool paint, too.

Parra x Colossi bike frame set | by Parra

Old 05-19-16, 09:50 AM
Pawlus

Bikes: Moser Leader NP, Koga Miyata WT 86'

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
I love Colossi. Colossi 5 in particular.
Old 05-19-16, 09:58 AM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 4236 Post(s)
Liked 2,949 Times in 1,808 Posts
I've heard of a number of people having trouble actually getting the frames from them. I'll admit that their non-custom lugged road frame did look pretty good though.

Old 09-16-19, 11:29 PM
pamaguahiker 

Bikes: 2014 VeloOrange Campeur. late 90s Bianchi Cyclocross cro-mo frameset modified to touring, 1993 Bianchi Project 5, 80s Holdsworth Gemini Tandem

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 9 Posts
Boy...I wish I would have read this ages ago. My Colossi was a disaster from the moment go. Poor downtube stops that had no threads for adjuster, poor lug alignment, rear cable stop was so small and unusable with no ability to fit a ferrule of any type. Damaged fork and a steer tube so short it was unusable. BB lug alignment crooked, rear dropout alignment was horrible, one chainstay 4mm longer.

Once the bike is in your possession...you can forget about getting any customer service. Denial, denial, denial. No follow through and even when I offered to purchase another fork, I was treated poorly. BB shell was way small and no place to put cable guide or cable guide bolt.

The whole experience was a nightmare and I'm out $ and I have a bike that requires a framebuilder to correct or just scrap the project. Horrible. But, that's what you get from China. Oh, did you miss that one too? They're made in China, not in Europe as they'll leave people to believe.
Old 09-17-19, 12:43 AM
Drillium Dude 
Banned.

Mentioned: 255 Post(s)
Quoted: 2588 Post(s)
Liked 4,824 Times in 1,709 Posts
I pulled up some stuff on Colossi and found some period "hype" pieces; and by that, I really mean that's how they came off to me. Trying to sell a style. The pics? I didn't see $1300+ worth of workmanship and materials - and the paint was laid on so thick in one shot the lug shoreline all but disappears.

Sounds like it's beauty is (barely) skin deep...

DD