Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage > Classic and Vintage Sales
Reload this Page >

FS: Woodrup Giro sport tourer 54x54.5

Notices
Classic and Vintage Sales Private Sales Only, no online storefronts. All prices must be quoted, we are not an auction site.

FS: Woodrup Giro sport tourer 54x54.5

Old 05-11-18, 06:55 AM
YoKev
hi

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Thumbs up FS: Woodrup Giro sport tourer 54x54.5

It's time for my Woodrup and I to part ways. I'm just not riding it anymore, and other projects are calling to me. I've owned it for about 10 years.

I'm asking $750 obro local pickup/meet halfway at this time. The bike is in Kingston, NY.

The details:

I believe it's a 1978ish, and I think it was brought over to the US directly from England. Woodrup was imported into the US under Ten Speed Drive Imports, but this frame lacks the details associated with those frames. I have no reason to doubt that it is a Woodrup.

The frame is Reynolds 531 (the decal was barely clinging on then, and has just disappeared since). The forks are also 531 with a beautiful sloping Cinelli crown. Campagnolo dropouts front and rear. Beautiful wrap around seat stay arrangement IMHO.

Center to top on the seat tube is about 54cm, center to center on the top tube is about 54.5 cm.

-If you go looking for paint defects, you won't have to look far. This has been used as intended and the original paint shows everything that's wrong. There are superficial rust spots on some of the chips but I assure you it's just that; superficial. If you're looking for a good rider, this is it.

-The brakes were the very first version of the Tektro long reach, before they offered a nutted version. So that being said, as per Sheldon Browns recommendation at the time, the rear brake is mounted on the front with the nut inside the fork tube, and the front is mounted on the rear with a nut. This works great, and I have never had any second thoughts about the setup on even the steepest Catskill descents.

-The Mavic rims are rough, but they have never been an issue. They are not concave...it's just a weird surface. Just so you're aware.

-The drive side dropout is tight on wheel entry/removal. It's been like this forever under my ownership, but it's just a minor quirk.

-Skewers don't match.

Components:

-Chris King headset
-Campagnolo seat post
-Brooks saddle with add on bag loops
-Velo Orange quill stem. 80mm extension.
-3ttt bar
-Suntour (Raleigh) friction bar end shifters
-Bluemels fenders
-Tektro long reach brakes
-10x3 Campagnolo Centaur drivetrain
-Rear Chorus hub / Front unknown Campagnolo

Album here: https://flic.kr/s/aHsmjF3BCM

Saddle HT in pictures is right around 72cm. Schwalbe 28c tires with fenders; can go 32 without fenders no problem.

Last edited by YoKev; 05-11-18 at 07:06 AM.