Go Back  Bike Forums > Community Connections > Introductions
Reload this Page >

Hello (I have a question)

Search
Notices
Introductions Welcome to the BikeForums community! Please introduce yourself to other forum members here.

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-19, 09:35 PM
jemerson

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

After years of not riding and never being very serious about it I picked up a Trek FX Sport 4 fitness bike. When I bought it I thought I'd mostly ride on trails but almost immediately started riding on roads. I used to just ride mountain bikes on trails so I don't know the benefits of a true road bike. Will a road bike be demonstrably better on hills than what I have now?
Old 06-03-19, 10:19 PM
Hermes
Version 7.0

Bikes: Too Many

Mentioned: 297 Post(s)
Quoted: 1340 Post(s)
Liked 2,482 Times in 1,457 Posts
Welcome from SoCal. I suggest you read the sticky in the introduction section. Questions should be directed to specific forum such as the road cycling forum concerning the advantage of road bike forum. Your question is a good one and should get a lot of discussion in another forum.
Old 06-20-19, 12:07 AM
Riggs97

Bikes: Fuji track pro 07 & BB17 karma

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jemerson
After years of not riding and never being very serious about it I picked up a Trek FX Sport 4 fitness bike. When I bought it I thought I'd mostly ride on trails but almost immediately started riding on roads. I used to just ride mountain bikes on trails so I don't know the benefits of a true road bike. Will a road bike be demonstrably better on hills than what I have now?
Yes, if u get a road bike it will be way better then a mountain bike fursure. It will ride really smooth and youll be able to ride more miles faster and maybe more comfortable never know how the rider takes it.
Old 06-21-19, 06:58 PM
Siu Blue Wind
Homey

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 2427 Post(s)
Liked 1,406 Times in 900 Posts
It's a quick bike but not as quick as the Road bikes because the geometry is different.
Please dont outsmart the censor. That is a very expensive censor and every time one of you guys outsmart it it makes someone at the home office feel bad. We dont wanna do that. So dont cleverly disguise bad words.
Old 06-21-19, 09:34 PM
Dannihilator
Still kicking.

Bikes: Bike Count: Rising.

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 159 Post(s)
Liked 46 Times in 32 Posts
Welcome to the forums. While the fx 4 sport is good on the road, it's nowhere as fun on the road as a road bike can be.