Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Hot r Not

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Hot r Not

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-14, 12:05 PM
Dheorl

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

My Bianchi as it sits at the moment. Just had a clean so figured I'd post one now. There's a few things I'd like to change but don't have the money to spare atm so alterations are being kept to new brakes and cables for safety more than anything else at the moment.

Just had a fit done and he said I could comfortably go down a few more spaces if I wanted to but I kind of like it as is atm.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
Bike-1.jpg (104.5 KB, 323 views)
Old 04-21-14, 12:16 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
It's a cx, I take it? Can't put my finger on why, but it's not quite a 'hot' for me, but I sure as hell would enjoy it if it were mine. So, uh, yeah - not hot, but I'd like to own it, whatever that means.
Old 04-21-14, 12:19 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

Bikes: Fuji Roubaix Pro & Quintana Roo Kilo

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 2863 Post(s)
Liked 31 Times in 14 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
It's a cx, I take it? Can't put my finger on why, but it's not quite a 'hot' for me, but I sure as hell would enjoy it if it were mine. So, uh, yeah - not hot, but I'd like to own it, whatever that means.
It's the dork disk and the platform pedals. Remove those and it's hot.
Old 04-21-14, 12:22 PM
redlude97

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 1975 Post(s)
Liked 232 Times in 173 Posts
Originally Posted by Dheorl

My Bianchi as it sits at the moment. Just had a clean so figured I'd post one now. There's a few things I'd like to change but don't have the money to spare atm so alterations are being kept to new brakes and cables for safety more than anything else at the moment.

Just had a fit done and he said I could comfortably go down a few more spaces if I wanted to but I kind of like it as is atm.
Did your fitter suggest a zero setback seatpost? It looks like the saddle is slammed forward. You either need a celeste saddle or black bartape also.
Old 04-21-14, 12:52 PM
Theboss13

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
On the subject of the fit.......A) yes I have REALLY bad back and neck issues....B) will get professional fit but its working fine for me now so I would rather wait a bit and slim down now that its getting warmer.............and white? Really********** It gets too dirty too quick!!! I ride in less than idea conditions sometimes......(pouring rain in a thunderstorm because I drove 4 hours........... was planning to do a third century but the conditions made me do 50......) do you know a way to keep it white? I had red lizard skin on my last bike and I turned that black on the corners of the bars......(like my hands there).......how do you keep it white?
Old 04-21-14, 12:54 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by Theboss13
On the subject of the fit.......A) yes I have REALLY bad back and neck issues....B) will get professional fit but its working fine for me now so I would rather wait a bit and slim down now that its getting warmer.............and white? Really********** It gets too dirty too quick!!! I ride in less than idea conditions sometimes......(pouring rain in a thunderstorm because I drove 4 hours........... was planning to do a third century but the conditions made me do 50......) do you know a way to keep it white? I had red lizard skin on my last bike and I turned that black on the corners of the bars......(like my hands there).......how do you keep it white?
I have red lizardskin on my bike right now and it is going black. Fast. I plan to fix it by putting black on next time.
Old 04-21-14, 12:56 PM
Dheorl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
Yea, I look at it sometimes and think there's something not quite right. I think because it's designed to take really quite large tyres all the clearances are bigger than they would be on a normal road bike which leads to a bit of a spindly look. It looks so much nicer with mud guards on it but now spring is finally showing it's face I decided I'd take them off (well, took them off to clean it and decided to not put them back on is more accurate).

It is great fun to ride though. Stick some knobbly tyres on it and I can keep up with the FS mtbs around the local loop.
Old 04-21-14, 12:58 PM
Gramin

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh... no way to keep it white. It will turn black. But when it's fresh white, it's going to look hot. Again, it's a nice bike, and if you like it, that's all that matters. But for me, aesthetically speaking, changing those parts to white will definitely make your bike look better.
Old 04-21-14, 12:58 PM
Dheorl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by RPK79
It's the dork disk and the platform pedals. Remove those and it's hot.
Unfortunately I only have room for one bike so this is also my runaround bike, hence the half platform half clipless pedals. Dork disc I've always been a bit unsure about. It does get beaten around a fair amount and I figure it's there for a reason. Hopefully replacing the wheels when I get a bit of money so will probably leave it off then.
Old 04-21-14, 01:02 PM
Dheorl

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by redlude97
Did your fitter suggest a zero setback seatpost? It looks like the saddle is slammed forward. You either need a celeste saddle or black bartape also.
It's got another about half inch at the back. If I had a zero setback post it would end up almost slammed back and I'm not into spending more money than I have to, especially seeing as I'm a pretty light guy so probably don't put much strain on it.

The celeste bar tape was done on a bit of a whim after fitting because I had narrower bars fitted and my old (black) tape was on it's last legs anyways. I decided a bianchi really needed a bit more celeste than mine had, hence the bar tape. Trying out the fit for a month or so then deciding if I need a new saddle but if I do I'll probably go for one with celeste accents. Maybe something like this
Attached Images
Old 04-21-14, 01:15 PM
LAJ
So it is

Bikes: Luzerne, 684, Boreas, Wheelhouse, Alize©®, Bayamo, Cayo

Mentioned: 246 Post(s)
Quoted: 11404 Post(s)
Liked 4,761 Times in 2,770 Posts
Originally Posted by Dheorl

Hottish
Old 04-21-14, 01:17 PM
LAJ
So it is

Brake Clean. Not that wimpy crap with no CFC's either.
Old 04-21-14, 01:56 PM
Theboss13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK guys dropped the bars like y'all suggested.......I like the way it felt for right now but we will see when I actually ride in a moment....Here's a link.....can someone pull it out of photo bucket again?IMG_20140421_154946_374_zpse65409ca.jpg Photo by TheBoss13913 | Photobucket
Old 04-21-14, 02:05 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

OK guys dropped the bars like y'all suggested.......I like the way it felt for right now but we will see when I actually ride in a moment....Here's a link.....can someone pull it out of photo bucket again?IMG_20140421_154946_374_zpse65409ca.jpg Photo by TheBoss13913 | Photobucket
Old 04-21-14, 02:08 PM
Theboss13

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Thanks!
Old 04-21-14, 02:12 PM
bdcheung
Carpe Diem

Bikes: 2007 CAAD9; 2014 CAADX; PedalForce CG1

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Click for full resolution:

Old 04-21-14, 02:14 PM
kcollier5

Bikes: Felt F2

Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by LAJ
All my bikes aren't black.

This is an 'almost' for me. At first glance I like the bike, but it's probably not a hot. Why: (I think you HAVE to say why or it's of zero benefit to anyone) For starters I don't like the bar shapes - because of their shape, the hoods have to be really high, which looks odd and isn't as practical as it could be. Like most on here, I'm also not a fan of OVERSTATED decals. If you debadged the wheels or ghost badged them, it would look much hotter, imo. Sweet bike, and I'd love to own it (as WhyFi said earlier about a different bike) but not exactly a hot.

Wheee! This thread is back! And there have been some really hot bikes posted. Whooosh, love both bikes you posted. Nicely done. That Lynskey is smokin'! As to dear brother Billy D, I probably shouldn't offer advice to the po-po, as has been stated, but I think if you simply moderated and only stepped in when it gets out of hand, it would be appreciated. We all felt the slap on the wrist and the threat to close this thread forever, and we are (mostly) adults here. I think we'll be fine. As to having to post your bike, when you vote 'Not' well, I've posted mine somewhere in these 700 pages at least once and I think twice, and my fit and the fact I ride a 60cm frame will probably never make my bike hot, regardless of $ spent or aesthetics… Does that mean I shouldn't vote? Aww, c'mon pwetty please? I just like looking at hot bikes. It's one of the only reasons I come here - to drool when I'm stuck in the office and not able to ride… Thanks, BillyD for opening this back up! Sending some man love your way!
Old 04-21-14, 02:14 PM
RPK79
Custom User Title

Originally Posted by bdcheung

Hot.
Old 04-21-14, 02:24 PM
Gramin

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kcollier5
Sending some man love your way!
I just lost my lunch...
Old 04-21-14, 02:31 PM
BillyD
Administrator

Bikes: Merlin Cyrene '04; Bridgestone RB-1 '92

Mentioned: 325 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11975 Post(s)
Liked 6,655 Times in 3,486 Posts

Flaming HOT! VERY well presented.
Old 04-21-14, 02:41 PM
bikerjp
Beer >> Sanity

Bikes: 2014 Evo DA2, 2010 Caad9-4, 2011 Synapse-4, 2013 CaadX-disc

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
OK guys dropped the bars like y'all suggested.......I like the way it felt for right now but we will see when I actually ride in a moment....Here's a link.....can someone pull it out of photo bucket again?
Dropping the bars to achieve some sense of aesthetics probably isn't ideal unless it is feedback that helps you get a better fit out of the bike. I would guess most recreational riders cannot ride with low bars and/or a slammed stem on a properly sized bike but that it is somewhat dependent on the bike. I cannot, for example, slam the stem on my 60cm Evo and be comfortable. It has a fairly short head tube. On a 61cm Synapse I might be much closer to slammed given the longer head tube. A caad tends to have a short head tube (although that one looks somewhat tall, big frame?) meaning more people will end up using more spacers or otherwise have the bars up.
Old 04-21-14, 02:45 PM
rjones28 
Mostly Harmless

Bikes: Have two wheels

Mentioned: 169 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13718 Post(s)
Liked 4,532 Times in 2,508 Posts

hot
Old 04-21-14, 02:54 PM
LAJ
So it is

Originally Posted by RPK79
Hot.
Hot
Old 04-21-14, 03:00 PM
LAJ
So it is

Thanks rjones.

kcollier5, I'm totally good with that. I ran the hoods up so as to maximize how many places I could place my hands. 3-600K rides tend to necessitate stuff like that. At least I don't run clip-on aerobars!
Old 04-21-14, 03:24 PM
speling_champ

Bikes: 2004 Fuji Pro | 2012 Diamondback Podium 7 | 2013 Fondriest TF3

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Silvercivic27
Uh oh, this thread is about to get locked again, isn't it?
Just getting reacquainted with this thread, and this gave me a good laugh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.