Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Touring
Reload this Page >

Cycling America Summer Of 2010

Notices
Touring Have a dream to ride a bike across your state, across the country, or around the world? Self-contained or fully supported? Trade ideas, adventures, and more in our bicycle touring forum.

Cycling America Summer Of 2010

Old 03-29-09, 09:31 AM
jmio

Bikes: raleigh carbon competition, trek 6500 hardtail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
there seems to be some mixed emotions about raising money for fund raising, IMO if someone wants to contribute for a greater cause that could be a good thing, it's when lousy pieces of crap like my wife's cousin pull stunts and give touring cyclists a bad name. This dude raised a ton of money in a short period of time for some charity(can't remember, but i know it was for cancer) stating that he would ride across america in support of them.He milked the entire family, his friends, and our local community for ten's of thousands upon thousands of dollars, My father in law said somewhere around 25 thousand dollars. then the guy disappeared for a week and a half, showed back up and said his mission was complete. To cut the story short, he and his father in law went to california, he rode 10 miles and then rented a truck and drove the entire rest of the country. This story didn't surface until his father in law told his daughter(dude's wife) right before his passing. This happened before i came to into this family, i've never met the guy, nor do I want to, I honestly don't know what I would say to the guy if I did meet him.
Old 03-29-09, 12:52 PM
1965 2+2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Oh, that's terrible! Really damages the credibility for every honest person out there . . . .

There are ways to do this which are legitimate and credible.