Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Singlespeed & Fixed Gear
Reload this Page >

Is the Tsunami frame the same as a Fuji Track Pro?

Search
Notices
Singlespeed & Fixed Gear "I still feel that variable gears are only for people over forty-five. Isn't it better to triumph by the strength of your muscles than by the artifice of a derailer? We are getting soft...As for me, give me a fixed gear!"-- Henri Desgrange (31 January 1865 - 16 August 1940)

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-06, 02:17 PM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked 852 Times in 387 Posts

They look about the same to me but the price of the Tsunami is much less. Is the Tsunami a re-badged Fuji Track Pro? We all know Bikesdircect re-badges Fuji bikes, is that also the case with the Tsunami bike company?

Old 06-01-06, 02:22 PM
Moximitre
dig dig dig

Bikes: Full Fendered Bareknuckle, Faggin with 10spd Centaur, 1973 Raleigh 3spd Cruiser.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
the seatstays aren't the same, but that's all I can say.
Old 06-01-06, 02:23 PM
team neal
joined the Team

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
no. look at the TT.
Old 06-01-06, 02:32 PM
jet sanchEz

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 948 Post(s)
Liked 852 Times in 387 Posts
Hrm, yeah, I guess you guys are right, damn my lousy eyes!
Old 06-01-06, 02:35 PM
dirtyphotons
antisocialite

Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
not exactly the same, but still looks pretty sweet. enjoy!
Old 06-01-06, 04:14 PM
ka12na

Bikes: Fuji Track 06, Fuji Delrey conversion

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Still very similar. I looked into perhaps buying one. $295- dang!

I think I'll save my money though. I think I want a keirin frame, just for fun.
Old 06-01-06, 06:54 PM
sers

Bikes: Land Shark, Level Professional, Tsunami singlespeed, Giant Reign 1

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
tsunami are hand built in the usa by a small company

fuji are built by robots

chuck's bikes tsunami are as well:

A note to our customer's and those seeing 'Tsunami' bikes on Ebay-

The unfortunate thing with brand and model names is that when businesses do not protect a name and make it their own with any specific legal or registration process it makes it tough on consumers and businesses alike. A company out of Los Angeles called Chucks Bicycles markets many Asian produced products under a Tsunami name. There is also at least one bicycle shop which is located in Oregon that also uses the Tsunami name as well. The folks at Chucks Bikes see fit to sell their products on Ebay and it seems that is their main outlet. Let it be known that Tsunami Bikes, formerly located in San Diego, California and now currently located in Phoenix, Arizona is not affiliated by any means with Chucks Bikes or their own branding.

The company that is Tsunami Bikes firmly believes that the rider comes first. Therefore we strive to offer the best in quality and service to our customers. From time to time you may see one of our bikes on Ebay. We do not market direct onto Ebay. We sell directly to cycling teams and clubs, bicycle shops and from time to time directly to consumers. Please inspect what you are buying to ensure that you are getting the real deal, make sure that there is a usable and serviceable warranty and that what you intend to purchase is the right product for your needs. Most of all make sure that you are getting the best quality for your money.

When you purchase one of our bicycles, you are purchasing a quality product backed by a warranty that is equal to or better than anything you will encounter in the bicycle industry. In our 2006 model line you will see the quality and attention to detail that signifies what we at Tsunami Bikes truly believe in: a product that we are more than proud to ride but most importantly we call our own. This sets us apart in that we use our own hands to produce a bicycle for you that exceeds expectations and most importantly allows you to perform to your utmost ability. Purchasing any other Tsunami Bike will never provide this for you. Please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have to any of our products.

Thank you,

Joe Wells, Tsunami Bikes
Old 07-10-13, 11:43 PM
Encinotrckrcr

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I had this same frame and loved it. They are built in same factory as the Fuji and the Bianchi and probably some others . Seat Stays were different than the Fuji . As far as i know the website that was selling these tsunamis is no longer importing them. There is another Tsunami which is entirely different and those are hand made custom frames.