Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Fixed Gear Freestyle
Reload this Page >

Looking For a 1" fgfs fork to clear frame with 700c Wheels

Notices
Fixed Gear Freestyle Trickbikes and Freestylers, here's your home! Here, you can discuss the ins and outs of building and riding these bikes.

Old 11-17-19, 10:41 PM
patmikel

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Looking for a steel fork to put on a Soma Rush. I want to do barspins, the Soma has a 1 inch steer tube so I know its gonna be hard to find. Is there any way to put a 1 1/8 inch fork on a 1"? Do your thing internet.
Old 11-28-19, 05:23 PM
Foxonabike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
If the steerer tube will fit through the head tube you can make (have made) adapters to take the bigger headset, these are stainless steel ones I had machined at my local machine shop.
Old 06-18-20, 12:11 PM
fall_forward

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
is there any to buy somewhere adaptors like that?
Old 08-26-20, 05:57 AM
larrylokane

Bikes: Peugeot Reynolds 501 PGN-10

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
I'm trying to find some rigid freestyle forks for my Peugeot 501 at the moment and its a nightmare. RJ the bike guy has some videos about this subject on youtube.

Basically its not possible to use 1 1/8 steerer fork on a 1" head tube because once the headset cups are in place it just wont fit.

Struggling to find some decent rigid forks with a 1" steerer, they are very rare and expensive. If you find any let me know!
Old 08-26-20, 03:20 PM
Foxonabike

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 26 Times in 12 Posts
Originally Posted by larrylokane
I'm trying to find some rigid freestyle forks for my Peugeot 501 at the moment and its a nightmare. RJ the bike guy has some videos about this subject on youtube.

Basically its not possible to use 1 1/8 steerer fork on a 1" head tube because once the headset cups are in place it just wont fit.

Struggling to find some decent rigid forks with a 1" steerer, they are very rare and expensive. If you find any let me know!
It was possible in my case because the head tube had extra material above and below to take the cups I had made, and I could live with the fact that front was lifted by adding the cups,
Old 08-26-20, 03:31 PM
larrylokane

Bikes: Peugeot Reynolds 501 PGN-10

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Foxonabike
It was possible in my case because the head tube had extra material above and below to take the cups I had made, and I could live with the fact that front was lifted by adding the cups,
Thats cool that you got it working. I've been looking tonight and apparently there is a way where you have to ream out the inside of the head tube to fit a larger headset cup like from a bmx. Maybe i'll try this. Most of the parts I want to use are bmx parts anyway so it'll make my life easier.