Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Road Cycling
Reload this Page >

Problem with a shifter lever.

Search
Notices
Road Cycling “It is by riding a bicycle that you learn the contours of a country best, since you have to sweat up the hills and coast down them. Thus you remember them as they actually are, while in a motor car only a high hill impresses you, and you have no such accurate remembrance of country you have driven through as you gain by riding a bicycle.” -- Ernest Hemingway

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-20, 09:23 AM
Dany6

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts

I have a Campagnolo Xenon 2x9 shifter levers,and somethings wrong with my shifter lever for a front mech,i can't make more than 2 "clicks" when i wanna shift to higher gear.I have a trim setting,but i forgot how many "clicks" i had when everything worked normally lol.
Not sure if it was 3 or 4 clicks,but is it possible that it was like this:
First two clicks =trim,3rd click=shifts to highest gear (hardest),4th/last click=trim again.
i think it was like that.
But now i can't make up even a to 3rd click/shift,it automatically drops down to neutral.
Old 06-06-20, 10:29 AM
Tacoenthusiast

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 223 Times in 84 Posts
Sorry to hear about that
Old 06-07-20, 08:21 AM
mgopack42 

Bikes: 2020 Argon 18 Krypton Pro, 1985 Masi 3V Volumetrica, 3Rensho Super Record Aero, 2022 Trek District 4.

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 343 Post(s)
Liked 423 Times in 206 Posts
Check the cable inner , usually near the shifter it self. They tend to fray near the hood to handlebar transition, binding everything up. when this happened to me, I was surprised how bad it got before I had a noticeable issue.