Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

GRAPHENlube Wax lubricant

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-20, 07:58 PM
Toespeas

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 41 Posts

this company absolute black made this spiffy lube with graphine , uh graffine , in it ?
so i just took some graphite powder and mixed it with my cheap wax lube , its a bit messy but maybe its worth the effort to squirt a 2 dollar powder tube into a 4 dollar bottle of wax lube , and save the money on over priced lube .

do note this if for my wax lube brothers and sisters , all you weirdos that soak your chain in motor oil , or melted butter , just click back to the main page and skip this post , STOP , dont do it , its not worth it !
Old 06-21-20, 10:33 PM
Troul 

Bikes: RSO E-tire dropper fixie brifter

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked 2,969 Times in 1,918 Posts
Mixing tide pods with candle wax makes for an organic coating dirt deterrent detergent that smells nice.
Old 06-22-20, 05:23 AM
shelbyfv
Expired Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Quoted: 3672 Post(s)
Liked 5,427 Times in 2,757 Posts
waxlubeisworthlesschangemymind....
Old 06-22-20, 02:29 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by Toespeas
so i just took some graphite powder and mixed it with my cheap wax lube ,
so... did it work?
Old 06-27-20, 12:51 PM
Toespeas

Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked 44 Times in 41 Posts
i think it has potential , but its hard to say what mixture ration will yield the best results , so ok here is my thing about it ok , the absolute black lube is pretty much black and dirty , i have been using the clean ride wax for over a year and it seems to work fine , i race with it , road and cross , never came across any lube that would " change my mind " but adding the powder makes it dirty lube and can rub off on your pants and hands , so maybe its best for race day , i am really not equipped to do any scientific tests but maybe someone that can will and we know for sure , i did feel the first time i used it combined with a really clean chain , i felt a slight increase in efficiency , i was holding 23 mph a lot easier that i normally do , and for me 23 mph is usualy the speed i can hold solo in wind for over an hour on somewhat flat roads like slightly below a crit race pace , which i usualy go full gas and can hold 24 to 25 if im lucky !
Old 06-28-20, 12:18 PM
smashndash

Bikes: 2017 Specialized Allez Sprint Comp

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked 344 Times in 247 Posts
Originally Posted by Toespeas
i am really not equipped to do any scientific tests but maybe someone that can will and we know for sure , i did feel the first time i used it combined with a really clean chain , i felt a slight increase in efficiency , i was holding 23 mph a lot easier that i normally do , and for me 23 mph is usualy the speed i can hold solo in wind for over an hour on somewhat flat roads like slightly below a crit race pace , which i usualy go full gas and can hold 24 to 25 if im lucky !
So it didn’t seem to hurt anything? How many miles do you get from a wax? How long does it last with the graphite? Any difference in noise?