Go Back  Bike Forums > The Market Place > Want To Buy
Reload this Page >

WTB: 60s-80s Vintage Road Bike

Notices
Want To Buy Looking to buy bicycle related gear? Post your request here. Requires upgraded membership to post new threads

Old 06-22-20, 06:25 AM
Danmozy66

Bikes: 1986 Specialized Sequoia, 1995 KHS Montana

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts

Hi all, first time poster here but long-time user of these threads as the invaluable resource that they are. Thank you for having me.

I am wanting to buy my first, but hopefully lifetime, vintage road bicycle. Preferably equipped with Reynolds or Columbus tubing, and preferably of the Italian persuasion from approx 1960-1990 with Campy components.

Size approx 56cm.

Cosmetic condition of frame set and/or surface rust (i.e. extra character) is not a deal breaker, in fact I welcome it to mitigate impact on my wallet. Can be complete bike or partially so, as long as it doesn't need too much specialized work or unavailable parts. As mentioned, this will be my first go but I'll be motivated and eager to learn.

I am located in the Toronto area but I am open to discuss shipping possibilities within same country if seller will consider. Budget is approx. $1100 ish (CAD) depending on bike, condition, and amount of work required. Thanks!
Dan

P.S. for example I was about to pull the trigger on a 70's Torpado the other day, and then almost an Olmo, but then I thought it might be a better idea to take a step back and put a feeler out on here first. There might be something I could learn and there could be something special for me out there.

Arbitrary photos included below, enjoy. D

Last edited by Danmozy66; 06-23-20 at 06:42 AM. Reason: adding more info
Old 06-22-20, 07:12 PM
100bikes
Industry guy

Bikes: To many to name - I ride a custom built steel frame.

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked 80 Times in 48 Posts

23"/58cm. Complete and in great shape. Not many miles. Upgrades done when the bicycle was new- 1972/3.
Likes For 100bikes:
Old 06-26-20, 09:52 AM
Danmozy66

Bikes: 1986 Specialized Sequoia, 1995 KHS Montana

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked 8 Times in 7 Posts
Hi 100bikes, thanks for your reply! I think I am leaning towards an italian frame however
Old 06-28-20, 12:43 AM
polymorphself 

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Quoted: 837 Post(s)
Liked 1,080 Times in 521 Posts
I would definitely recommend posting in the Classic and Vintage Sales section, and maybe also posting in the regular Classic and Vintage section simply to ask for recommendations around your price range, country of origin, bicycle usage etc and you'll get some really good discussion going that will go long way in your purchase and confidence.
Old 07-08-20, 09:24 AM
tlema

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Check out this 54cm Martinetto Classic 1980s Italian Road Racing Bike - L'Eroica Retro Vintage

https://ebay.to/31RZziW