Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

C&V art as sentimental as your bicycles

Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

Old 05-19-20, 02:06 PM
uncle uncle

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 411 Post(s)
Liked 234 Times in 140 Posts

Do you have some artwork, connected to the subject of classic and vintage bicycles, that has as much sentimental value as some of your bicycles? I've had this poster done by Peter Heer for some time. My sister bought it from an add in a magazine, back in 1984, when both of us were riding on a regular basis. Originally, I thought she was just going to get the poster, but my sister ordered the "completely framed" option. Thus, the poster is still surrounded by the gold metal frame and glass it orginally was shipped with. When she moved, it somehow ended up in my dad's den (probably because she didn't have room for it). My dad wasn't much of a bike rider, but his den had a multi-sport theme, so it fit in well. It spent a few years up on the wall, and then disappeared, probably sometime when I was in college. When my mom and dad moved (from the house that I grew up in) to a downsized retirement living space, the poster was rediscovered. My sister offered the poster to me. It's something I'll probably always hold on to, and my children or spouse will have to deal with when I die. The early 80's were the zenith of my initial bicycle interest.

Likes For uncle uncle:
Old 05-19-20, 02:10 PM
Kilroy1988 

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 981 Post(s)
Liked 1,844 Times in 609 Posts
Great poster! My answer is no, but I'd like some! I love early 20th century bicycle advertisements especially, and would enjoy something large enough to hang framed on a wall. I think it could only become sentimental with time... So yours is a wonderful example!