Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > Classic & Vintage
Reload this Page >

1987 Bianchi Axis

Search
Notices
Classic & Vintage This forum is to discuss the many aspects of classic and vintage bicycles, including musclebikes, lightweights, middleweights, hi-wheelers, bone-shakers, safety bikes and much more.

1987 Bianchi Axis

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-11, 01:06 AM
Kevlar888

Bikes: Pinarello Montello, Treviso, and Asolo. Bianchi Trofeo, Campione D'Italia, Strada.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 7 Times in 1 Post
1987 Bianchi Axis

So I was checking out my local kijiji sales and found a 1987 Bianchi Axis in Celeste. I am beginning to start a small stable of bikes for different riding and now partial to Bianchi's especially in Celeste.

Does anyone know a little more about this frame? The seller has only put up pics of the bike and isn't too sure or won't check for me the components and tubing of the bike. I just wanted to see if anyone knew more about this bike...A quick search on the net showed that other Bianchi Axis's from this time period came with suntour and dia compe components. Anybody have a clue if it is Italian or Asian manufactured? Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
5292b27_20.jpg (55.2 KB, 20 views)
8694al9_20.jpg (62.7 KB, 16 views)
79829c3_20.jpg (66.2 KB, 22 views)
2417mbh_20.jpg (67.7 KB, 16 views)
Old 06-17-11, 02:06 AM
Gary Fountain

Bikes: Colnago (82, 85, 89, 90, 91, 96, 03), 85 Cinelli, 90 Rossin, 83 Alan, 82 Bianchi, 78 Fountain, 2 x Pinarello, Malvern Star (37), Hillman (70's), 80's Beretto Lo-Pro Track, 80's Kenevans Lo-Pro, Columbus Max (95), DeGrandi (80's) Track.

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked 198 Times in 124 Posts
Hi, Bianchi's in Celeste are nice. Sorry I can't help you but I thought I'd reply anyway.

It it was a racing bike frame I would suggest measuring the width of the bottom bracket. If it was Italian it would have an Italian bottom bracket of 70mm width. Japanese frame were built with British threaded bottom brackets which measure 68mm wide.

There is a website that does have copies of some Bike Catalogues. the website is:

https://bulgier.net/pics/bike/Catalogs/

You might be lucky and find a Bianchi catalogue from the late 80's - your bike may be illustrated there.