Go Back  Bike Forums > Bike Forums > General Cycling Discussion
Reload this Page >

Proposition 65 Warnings

Search
Notices
General Cycling Discussion Have a cycling related question or comment that doesn't fit in one of the other specialty forums? Drop on in and post in here! When possible, please select the forum above that most fits your post!

Proposition 65 Warnings

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-20, 12:26 PM
TommyTwoTone

Bikes: Marin Muirwoods 29,Giant Sedona, Schwinn Sting Ray.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 15 Times in 9 Posts
This is another load that the idiots in California forced on us normals, it would be OK if they kept their madness in their own state, but unfortunately when goofy things like this happens it washes over the rest of us like a tsunami of stupidity and those of us that don't require a nanny 24/7 get caught in it.
Likes For TommyTwoTone:
Old 11-09-20, 02:27 PM
mad max

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Public health scientist here. PhD in toxicology blah blah. Wasn't expecting to see this thread here. I spend a lot of time calculating risk from environmental toxicants, where risk is a function of toxicity times exposure. Toxicity is the probability of harm per unit of exposure. Exposure is a combined behavioral and physiological effect of duration, frequency, concentration, route, bioavailability, uptake, etc. The Prob 65 labels provide a slight clue to the consumer about toxicity, but says nothing about exposure. When I see a Prob 65 label, it is in theory a heads up to avoid unnecessary exposure. However, in practice, it doesn't really inform my personal or professional life.
Old 11-09-20, 02:59 PM
unterhausen
Randomhead

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 3,699 Times in 2,519 Posts
I think the previous post is a good time to wrap this one up since people can't stop taking it in directions that are not appropriate for this forum.